The Project Manager – Product utilizes a unique blend of project management expertise and product knowledge to provide project leadership for new product and service initiatives. This project manager leads cross-functional teams throughout the project lifecycle to achieve business objectives, while managing scope, timelines and budget. May occasionally support projects in other Marketing functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead cross functional team during the duration of a project to ensure timely completion of project tasks and deliverables. Participate in pre-initiation product activities working with 3rd party product and solution providers to onboard their product as well as working with engineering team to certify the product for use on USC network.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and guidance on a continuous basis to project team members in the areas of project lifecycle, processes and procedures. Provide initiative status reports to leadership
- Work with project team and subject matter experts to identify, analyze, monitor and respond to issues and risks associated with the project to ensure ability to achieve expected outcomes, on time and within budget.
- Communicate project status to team, business owners and others as appropriate throughout the duration of the assignment and post implementation to make certain all impacted stakeholders have an understanding of risks, issues, major decisions and activities related to the project.
- Generally responsible for managing 2-3 projects at a time with the following criteria: 1) annual net revenues less than $1M and costs less than $500K, 2) duration typically three to nine months, 3) at least three functional teams, 4) no more than two new vendors.
- Participate, as needed, in pre-initiation product delivery stages to manage activities related to the assessment and prioritization of new product ideas.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in marketing, operations, audit/finance, I.S., engineering or sales. At least one year project management or comparable experience required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Audit/Accounting, Finance or technical major (degree completion) with business/project management experience will be considered.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification preferred.
- High level of organization and planning skills and attention to detail.
- Strong team orientation and the ability to build cohesiveness to achieve results.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working across organizational boundaries to achieve objectives.
- Ability to solve problems and facilitate effective decision making through analytics, reasoning and collaboration.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including speaking in front of small and large groups.
- Advanced experience with standard MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).