Having wide-ranging experience, Senior Analysts develop, interpret and implement financial concepts for financial and business planning and control. Under minimal supervision conducts and documents complex financial analysis projects, performing technical analysis to determine present and future financial performance of the company. Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures to contribute to the development of company objectives and principles. This position is a seasoned, experienced professional who anticipates and independently resolves financial issues by taking ownership to achieve results.
- Prepare innovative financial and business related analyses and research in such areas as financial and expense performance, rate of return, depreciation, working capital and investments.
- Prepare forecasts and analyzes trends in sales, finance, general business conditions and other related areas.
- Assist in the development of business policies, conducts special financial and business related studies and cooperates with other departments in the preparation of analyses.
- Gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes recommendations for financial plans, acquisition activity, trended future requirements and operating forecasts.
- Analyze financial reports and records, making recommendations relative to the accounting of reserves, assets and expenditures.
- Provide business partners and management with actual-to-plan variance analyses working with business partners to identify causes and resolution of variances.
- Respond to complex financial inquiries of field management providing requested information for use in effective field management of the business.
- Anticipates issues before they arise.
- Actively seeks resolution of issues independently by understanding the causes and follows through to ensure results are achieved.
- Demonstrates a high level of ownership of assigned tasks and shows independent initiative where appropriate to achieve results.
- Takes an active role in coaching and training less-experienced associates and serves as an internal role model by positively influencing others.
- Perform all processes of budget deliverables: Budget review meeting materials, Budget consolidation, Budget review book, Customer reconciliation, SAP uploads, and Statistical information. In addition, prepare analysis as required for each of these processes.
- Requirements include the maintenance and development of corporate budget files, the allocation method for allocating Corporate costs to the Field, uploading Functional area budget data, preparing consolidation journal entries, performing Partnership Relations inputs and changes (capital calls, distributions), and completing CapEx uploads into SAP.
- Lead in the administration of Hyperion Essbase budget system and Excel Models. Assist directors, managers, analysts and field management with budget system tools and processes (training as necessary). Educate budget prepares on budgeting processes, procedures and system tools. Perform system maintenance for the Essbase Application (upgrades, patches, etc.); creating and validating all system related testing. Keep apprised of business changes (cost center, field, and account structure) and the impact on system processes.
- Works on complex financial or business issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors or intangibles. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments providing guidance to others working on the same assignment. Assignments are broad in nature, usually requiring originality and ingenuity to complete.
- Interprets and applies organization policy and takes the initiative and ownership to resolve issues independently.
- Reviews progress with management
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting; MBA or CPA preferred.
- Minimum of six years of broad financial analysis experience.
- In-depth knowledge of financial principals, practices and procedures and general accounting practices.
- Broad experience and knowledge in all areas of Financial Analysis.
- Strong PC literacy skills in a Windows environment with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Access and Word).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and associates.