*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The Chicago Bulls are seeking a talented and driven Digital Content Coordinator that will help conceive and bring to live engaging, imaginative and impactful content through various Bulls content channels.
The Bulls have a growing Digital team that is focused on driving business impact by ensuring that the Bulls stay relevant in a rapidly evolving fan landscape, and by establishing the team as a trailblazer in the digital space. In addition to being one of the sports teams with the largest online following worldwide, the Bulls Digital team has established itself as one of the most innovative and respected digital practices in sports, and we are looking for someone who wants to continue to help us push boundaries and grow our digital practice!
We are looking for a self-starter who is creative, organized and dedicated. In this role, you will join a team of five core Content team members, and the primary focus of the role will be the creation and publication of day-to-day content about the Bulls team, players, and the culture surrounding the organization.
The nature of this role means it requires extensive travel during the NBA season, with a major focus on the Bulls calendar including practices, games and other team events and community efforts. The ideal fit for this role is a creative content producer who speaks the language of basketball and the understands the online culture of being a basketball fan.
As the Digital Content Coordinator, you will work closely with the content team along with various other internal teams such as BullsTV, PR, Game Entertainment, Basketball Operations and Community Relations to help create and distribute content. Your primary responsibility will be to bring our team, players & culture to life through content and assist the digital team in a wide variety of projects ranging from telling the stories of our players to giving fans legendary experiences. More specifically, this role will be responsible for the following:
- Lead the day-to-day content & social voice of the Bulls digital channels and owned properties
- Assist with crafting, planning and distributing content leading up to, during, and after games
- Organize the Bulls content library in a way that makes it easy to pull and build content for both branded and organic content
- Be the eyes and voice for our fans around the team, including on road trips, practices, home games, and other NBA events such as NBA Draft, All Star and Summer League
- Make creative recommendations for content being served across the internet
- Build and maintain a content calendar to ensure that Bulls accounts are consistently serving fans with high-end, premium content offerings every single day
- Work with Bulls Community Relations team to tell the story of team community efforts in creative and effective ways
- Help out with efforts on emerging platforms (especially TikTok) and further improving our Giphy, Tenor, and YouTube channels.
- Publish content from writers onto Bulls.com and then sharing across social media platforms (ex: Chuck Checks In, Keys to the Game, Ask Sam Mailbag, photo galleries, etc.)
- Assist with community engagement and work with fan-run accounts, pages, and other online groups
- Understanding of the NBA and basketball landscape
- Demonstrated experience working with digital content and social media
- Organization and attention to detail
- Positive relationship building skills
- Strong creative thinking and ability to plan and propose new ideas
- Creative and strategic in nature with an understanding of how to turn access into content
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Strong communication (both written and verbal)
- Highly organized and strong time management abilities
- Works effectively, quickly and able to meet tight deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Photography, digital video and editing skills are a plus
This job requires meaningful travel throughout the NBA calendar, including away preseason/regular season/playoff games and among other commitments. Travel may be required over holidays & weekends.
Note that this role requires flexible work hours and will include work outside of normal office hours during the business week and on weekends.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.