About the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University:
The Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University develops brave leaders who inspire growth in people, organizations and markets. Based just outside of Chicago, the school is a global leader in management education, renowned for its distinctive thought leadership and pioneering approach to learning. Kellogg offers an innovative portfolio of programs: four Full-Time MBA programs including the accelerated One-Year MBA and Two-Year MBA options, and joint degree programs with the engineering and law schools; a Part-Time MBA Program; the premier Executive MBA global network; and extensive non-degree Executive Education programs.
Reporting to the Associate Dean for Executive MBA Programs, this position is responsible for developing, directing and executing the overall strategy for the international joint degree programs in the Kellogg EMBA Global Network. The Network currently includes partnerships with five leading universities in Canada (York), China (Peking), Germany (WHU), Hong Kong (HKUST) and Israel (Tel Aviv). The person in this position is a senior member of the EMBA staff and must work collaboratively with peer Directors of the Evanston and Miami EMBA campuses and the Program Directors at each of the university partners to ensure a high quality and fully-integrated academic experience for nearly 500 students across 7 global locations. Given the top 10 global rankings of these joint degree programs, this position is responsible for safeguarding the world-class reputation and international visibility the EMBA Global Network offers to Kellogg and Northwestern University.
Please Note: International business travel and weekend work required up to 20% of time.
Leadership of the EMBA Global Network
- Lead a team of 5 international Program Directors and their staffs to plan, coordinate and execute delivery of the Kellogg EMBA program across the Global Network.
- Serve as lead relationship manager for all partner programs, sharing relevant and timing information with overseas Program Directors and their Deans.
- Set agendas for and participate in the annual Global Network Deans Summit and Program Directors meetings.
- Direct EMBA travel and risk management training for students, staff and faculty.
- Directly supervise the Global EMBA Coordinator position.
- Manage and oversee academic scheduling across 7 campuses to avoid conflicting class sessions while optimizing the opportunity for students to take electives around the world.
- Work with Academic Director of EMBA Programs and Department Chairs to assign Kellogg faculty to overseas class assignments.
- Cultivate a Global Network pool of faculty able to teach across partner programs.
- Ensure high quality, consistent academic policies and procedures in areas such as admissions, grading, academic progress, curriculum design, degree requirements, etc.
- Manage the global elective seat allocation system and ensure a fair and timely course registration process across partner programs.
- Establish a standard Teacher Course Evaluation (TCE) instrument for use across campuses and implement a new best practice structure for global elective experiences.
- Lead efforts to introduce new global experiential learning classes.
Integrated Marketing and Communications
- Work with Kellogg Marketing and Communications team and partner program marketing departments to develop coordinated, consistent marketing and brand messages across the Global Network. (Combined budgets in excess of $2 million.)
- Develop shared EMBA communication vehicles for distributing news and information to students and alumni around the world.
- EMBA Senior Team Leadership
- Share speaking and appearance duties with Associate Dean for EMBA Programs at key events such as new student orientations, residence weeks in Evanston, global live-in weeks on partner campuses and graduation ceremonies.
- Partner with peer Directors of Evanston and Miami campuses to ensure appropriate Kellogg presence and communications before and during academic programs around the world.
- Serve as a connector and collaborator with other functions across Kellogg and Northwestern University, including Admissions, CMC, International Office, Corporate Partnerships and Alumni Relations.
- Support the Kellogg finance team on international EMBA program budgeting, tuition setting, expense reconciliations, and partner invoicing.
- Review and approve faculty add-pay amounts based on the compensation rates set by the Kellogg Office of the Dean.
- Establish and enforce faculty and staff T&E policies for overseas assignments.
- Assess and implement transfer pricing policies between schools as needed.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of experience managing international education programs and/or working with foreign universities
- 7 – 10 years of professional experience
- Previous work experience dealing directly with MBA students and university faculty
- Passport holder
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
- Maturity, professionalism and proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, and staff from different countries
- Multi-cultural fluency
- In depth knowledge of executive MBA programs and their adult learner participants
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills, interpersonal skills, and problem-solving ability
- A high degree of reliability and self-direction
- Highly motivated to deliver exceptional educational programs for students
- Proven experience using the Microsoft Office suite of software products, including Outlook
Preferred Qualifications: (Education and experience)
- Successful completion of a full course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a master's or higher degree in Business or higher education; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.