The PTAC Director is a member of IHCC’s team and contributes to IHCC’s work to increase Hispanic and small disadvantaged business participation in government procurement at the federal, state and local levels.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct assessments of the individual firms’ potential to perform successfully in the Federal market.
- Conduct research, using reference material, government publications, and contacts with Federal buying installations, to identify the segments of the Federal market that match each firm’s product mix and administrative and technical capabilities.
- Provide guidance to firms to help them fill out a range of required government forms required government forms and review government requirements and contract terms with firms and explain the meaning and significance of these requirements and terms.
- Counsel small business clients on general business and management issues as provided under the PTAC grant.
- Provide assistance for every aspect of Federal government contracting from contract award through successful contract completion.
- Establishes and maintains contacts within the Federal acquisition system, and call on these contacts for help in providing assistance to firms.
- Provide bid leads to firms to market their products and/or services to federal agencies, the specifications and standards, and assist firms in understanding solicitation requirements.
- Provide guidance to firms that want to pursue special business certifications such as women- owned, minority-owned, DBE, 8 (a) or other special designations they may be deemed qualified.
- Keep reporting up-to-date on the DCEO system, Neoserra, on all client meetings, activities, correspondence. Contact and track all active procurement clients.
- Generate the monthly reports and submit billing to the Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- B.A or B.S Degree or equivalent experience
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing quality control and processes
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to master technical literature and complex procurement and operational matters
- General background in business management, small business ownership, purchasing and/or contract administration
- Fast learner, team oriented individual able to work one-on-one with business owners and procurement officials
- Familiarity with issues that affect small disadvantaged businesses seeking to grow their enterprises
Compensation is commensurate with skills and experience. Salary Range: $50,000-$55,000
IHCC provides a comprehensive benefit package.