Amazon seeks a highly effective Senior Financial Analyst to help achieve the Alexa Machine Learning Services Organization’s vision to make it intuitive and efficient to build, integrate, and operate AI. These world class services power Alexa’s benchmark setting AI models in speech, acoustic events, image, and text, enabling a myriad Alexa experiences and ultimately making Alexa delightful for customers.
The successful candidate will have shown experience in past roles influencing business owners and supporting decision making in rapidly evolving environments. This role requires a self-starter who is comfortable working in an ambiguous environment with strong data gathering and modeling skills. The role also has regular interaction with various business units across Amazon and therefore requires strong interpersonal and communication skills.
As a Senior Financial Analyst you will work directly with business leaders to identify opportunities and deliver results. Job responsibilities include:
· Establishing controls and maintaining operating and business metrics
· Building financial models for new business initiatives and presenting findings to senior management
· Leading short and long-term financial planning
· Presenting financial summaries and business insights to senior management
· BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent and a minimum 5 years of finance experience, OR master’s degree and 3 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· MBA or MS in Finance, Economics or a related field
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and self-motivate in a fast paced and rapidly-changing environment
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities and drive projects to completion
· Demonstrated ability to influence decisions through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning ad the presentation of alternatives.
· Advanced Excel skills
· Advanced use of SQL (data mining and business intelligence)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.