Our newly formed Travel by Netflix team is excited to help to support the global growth of Netflix and to scale at a pace that supports the travel needs of our business. This is a newly-created role that will provide support to our Travel Operations organization for hotel bookings, room block management and negotiations for corporate, production and publicity travel verticals. The perfect candidate for this role is someone who has a broad understanding of the hotel space in the entertainment industry and travel.
- This role will be invited to meet with stakeholders from events, publicity, and production teams and understand the needs for sourcing and negotiating room block agreement with hotels globally.
- Responsible for coordinating global hotel needs for large films and series production casts, crews and VIPs, press tours and internal employee Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Work with Sourcing Manager to negotiate below-market rates, cancelling policies and attrition.
- Manage room block, room release schedule, cancelation penalties and attrition across all groups in order to minimize financial impact and re-use credits.
- Responsible for booking hotels in the GDS for existing Air reservations and arrange for Direct Bill when and if applicable (Candidate, Pre-hire, Publicity, Production).
- Collaborate with Relocation for long stay (Urban Door).
- Partner with Employee Technology Applications team to implement new systems and ideas to streamline room block management and to help deliver a concierge level service.
- Create a commission accounting procedure system in order to track expected payments and work closely with the accounting team to implement a revenue stream.
- Responsible for partnering with Travel Sourcing Manager to maintain Hotel vendor database to better support employees (employee intranet), executive admins, production, global travel consultant team.
Qualities We’re Looking For:
- The successful candidate for this role will have 5+ years of entertainment/production or high touch travel program experience required in a high volume environment.
- Proficient in SABRE for hotels and experience using Conferma.
- Procurement and contract experience for large travel programs.
- Experience negotiating hotel room block agreements and local/regional agreements.
- Extremely detail-oriented.
- Flexible, with the ability to pivot and adjust to the needs of the teams you support.
- Excels in internal customer service.
- Relationship builder - ability to cultivate strong cross-functional relationships and communicate effectively with team members and business partners.
- Innovation - enthusiasm for improving and enhancing systems and workflows (learn the existing process and then build/challenge it to better scale for growth while providing meaningful reporting to our business partners).
- You embrace and advocate the Netflix culture and our long-term view.