NBCChicago.com and TelemundoChicago.com cover essential local news, culture, entertainment and lifestyle information from the standpoint of a true insider. We are looking for a highly motivated, bilingual Digital/Social Media Producer to produce up-to-the-minute, impactful and relevant content for WMAQ and WSNS station websites, NBCChicago.com and TelemundoChicago.com. The role combines attention to detail, rapid response and excellent editorial judgment, as well as consistent day-to-day execution and project-management responsibilities. Our candidate must also be a leader for broadcast newsroom collaboration.
- Curate homepages during a key digital daypart. Gather, edit, package and publish local news content on NBC 5 and Telemundo Chicago’s websites, mobile apps and social media
- Produce breaking news events across multiple platforms by collaborating with assignment desk, reporters, news staff and independent sources
- Update, monitor and respond as the voice of NBC 5 and Telemundo Chicago on social channels
- Use social media to quickly and effectively report news, find news sources and leads for stories, and engage our audience
- Create multimedia content to enhance daily news coverage (i.e. video, live streams, slideshows)
- Produce all news sections of the websites, including the homepage, and contribute to local franchises.
- Assist in managing a group of regular contributors to the websites
- Write text articles, publish video clips from our shows and edit image galleries according to the local editorial voice
- Execute all publishing workflows for video, images and text, including publishing to social media platforms
- Enforce editorial style guides, standards and practices
- Identify buzz-worthy stories of the day and engage our local audience across multiple platforms
- Solicit user-generated content to enhance both on-air and online news coverage
- Coordinate with news producers to cross-promote on-air and online content
- Be an advocate for NBCChicago.com and TelemundoChicago.com in the newsroom and beyond
- Must have professional experience in a newsroom for a minimum of 1.5 years
- Must be a skilled writer with outstanding communication skills.
- Must be able to work weekends and evenings.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in journalism.
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be willing to work in Chicago, IL
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered a candidate for this position
- Working knowledge of content management and video editing tools
- Writing experience for a news outlet for a minimum of a year
- Proficient in speaking and writing in English and Spanish
- Blogging, wire service, newspaper rewrite or 24-hour cable news background
- Experience with social media, editing video and creating slideshows
- Desire to work in a creative, demanding, competitive environment
- Excellent editing, writing and management skills, as well as experience in telling stories through videos, photos and multimedia packages
- Knowledge of the Chicago area and experience in broadcast newsrooms, local news or other news arena is a big plus
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.