We are a collection of enduring brands and iconic, unforgettable characters. We create content for audiences big and small, reaching billions of people every day. Most of all, we are many individuals, each uniquely talented, each a critical piece to our puzzle, who collectively become a power. Desire to thrill and engage? Join us as we engage and inspire.
The Private Jets Operations Coordinator for National Geographic Expeditions will successfully aid the operations and on-ground trip logistics for luxury international travel programs. Provide accurate and timely information to all internal departments as necessary, based on day-to-day needs. Responsible for making arrangements and confirming logistical details and passenger needs for all departures as well as compiling mailings.
- Coordinate with local in-country operators regarding all bookings, logistics coordination, extra arrangements, special considerations, trip details, etc. Communicate clearly and accurately all trip logistics and needs via email, Skype and phone. Maintain strict adherence to internal and program deadlines.
- Ensuring each departure meets or exceeds brand standards.
- Request invoices for new bookings, extra arrangements and trip cancellations. Request payments to suppliers, vendors, contractors, etc.
- Each departure maximizes profitability by operating at or above budgeted projected profit.
- Prepare documentation for traveler mailings, internal documents, tour manager documents, policies and procedures. Prepare all documents and items necessary for trip staff (e.g., tour managers and study leaders), as well as tour logistic notes, transfer and rooming lists, flight manifests, extra arrangement details and traveler preferences. Prepare and collate mailings as needed. Maintain all sales resources for all product.
- Travelers receive correct trip information on schedule. In-country operators receive all information on time for successful operation of each departure. Sales and Guest Services Team has all training materials needed to sell to and service travelers.
- Assist Guest Services in managing traveler relationships from the time of booking through post-trip communication. Responsible for timely planning and procurement of extra arrangements as requested by travelers. Consistently delivering the highest level of quality and service to clients.
- Providing travelers with information in a timely manner, increasing their satisfaction and loyalty to the brand.
- Maintain inventory for all guest gift items, reordering as needed.
- Travelers receive all gift items on time.
- Work independently and as part of a team. Must be willing to lend a hand with any urgent task that may arise and be involved with every aspect of the trip operations process.
- Assist the operations team in furthering company, division, and team goals.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent. A background in customer service, event planning, logistics or travel is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Candidates should have the ability to clearly and effectively correspond with overseas suppliers for whom English is likely not their first language. Foreign language skills are a plus.
- Ability to create and maintain budgets. Possesses a demonstrated ability to anticipate problems, find creative solutions to challenging situations and present complicated information in a clear and simple manner.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Office, Excel, PowerPoint and common Internet browsers and applications. A background using QuickBase or other databases or CRM software is a plus.
- Highly organized, able to multi-task and manage several programs and/or departures at the same time and across multiple destinations. Unwavering accuracy, excellent and systematic organizational skills and flawless attention to detail are necessary. A positive attitude is essential and a key to success in the position. Enjoy working in a fast-paced professional office environment.