We are the team behind the team. As employees of the Portland Trail Blazers at the Rose Quarter, we bring people together to create extraordinary moments and lasting memories through the power of sports and entertainment. Our organization has an opportunity and responsibility to positively impact our staff, players, fans, and community. As such, we are committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion within our organization and our community.
As our Concert & Event Marketing Intern, you'll work part-time from July 2019-April 2020 assisting on various organizational initiatives. You will gain exposure to promotional strategy, event and project planning.
What you'll do:
- Providing marketing support for concerts, family shows and various events as needed.
- Coordinating collateral material such as promotional pieces, schedules, calendars, monthly newsletter, etc.
- Assisting with compilation of event finance settlement information.
- Helping with Social Media efforts for all Rose Quarter events, including paid and organic posts.
- Assisting with marketing, research, and design for concert/event promotional campaigns.
- Assisting in the development of contests that grow permission-based databases.
- Supporting with other department needs or administrative tasks such as data entry.
You are qualified if:
- You are 18 years of age or older.
- You are in the process or have recently earned a Bachelors degree in Marketing, Communications or Business Management.
- You have 1-2 years marketing experience, preferred.
- You have prior entertainment industry experience, preferred.
- You can work part-time, flexible hours that could include nights, weekends and selected holidays.
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook and email marketing software(s).
- You are knowledgeable in Social Media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- You prioritize assignments, stay organized and have strong attention to detail.
- You demonstrate dedication and outstanding follow-through.
- You possess excellent written and verbal skills.
- You exhibit outstanding interpersonal skills.
- You build and maintain constructive and positive working relationships.
- You are a creative and dedicated problem solver.
- You are able to make independent decisions.
- You possess the ability to lift 20-50 lbs.
Offers of employment will be conditioned on an individualized assessment of background check results after a conditional offer is made.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to being champions of diversity in ourorganization and community.