Media Relations/Public Relations
- Actively assist with proactive outreach to generate earned media coverage about the organization, marketing and sponsor-related news and announcements, community outreach events and initiatives, among others.
- Provide on-site staffing for various public relations events and opportunities involving media.
- Coordinate visits with members of the media to secure coverage of the gameday experience among various types of non-sports outlets.
- Assist with the development and editing media materials, including advisories and news releases.
- Support communications planning and execution around news related to corporate partnerships, marketing, ticket sales and promotions.
- Manage the development of internal communications documents, including front office talking points and organizational highlights.
- Maintain and develop year-round program with networks of influencers, including parenting, Chicago-based, media, etc.
- Identify unique angles to promote the White Sox community programs, including the youth baseball programs such as Amateur City Elite.
- Contribute and manage the content development process with Design Services to produce White Sox publications, including White Sox programs, yearbook, community relations newsletters, alumni newsletters, White Sox Charities annual report.
- Monitor and track PR-related metrics, such as media coverage, to analyze strategies and results.
- Support director with the planning, execution and promotion of the annual SoxFest event.
- Serve as the day-to-day contact with venue to help oversee work flow within organization.
- Work with director to oversee logistics with internal departments and ensure execution.
- Help support events related to public relations initiatives, including Game Changers event series.
Multicultural Public Relations Support
- Provide support as needed to multicultural public relations team.
- 2-3 years of experience in the communications field (public relations, communications, or related field)
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills
- Special event experience, including logistical planning and execution
- Superior organizational skills
- Interest in fan market research and analysis
- Ability to network and maintain positive relationships with various community networks
- Creative and innovative mindset to bring energy to existing networks
- Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate with other internal departments
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs
- Familiarity with local media landscape
- Willingness to work long hours, during the summer including weekends and evenings
- Passion for White Sox baseball history and culture
- Ability to self-start, multi-task and problem solve
- Teamwork, collaborative mentality to support colleagues to get projects done
Candidates interested in applying for this position should e-mail a resume to: Jobs@Chisox.com
Please insert Public Relations Coordinator as your subject line
Deadline for applications is June 8, 2019
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE