IHCC’s mission is to cultivate knowledge, connections and collaboration to effect transformational social change and achieve sustainable economic impact through entrepreneurship.
IHCC is a community of business owners, entrepreneurs and professionals committed to empowering individuals by helping them start and grow their businesses. As the largest community of Hispanic business owners across Illinois and the Midwest, we represent more than 70,000 businesses that contribute more than $15 billion to the states economy and provide more than 100,000 jobs in Illinois.
We are committed to helping entrepreneurs grow by equipping them with the tools and resources they need to be competitive in today’s economy. We do this through our community advocacy, specialized one-on-one training, networking, and our Center for Hispanic Entrepreneurship. These programs help businesses increase their revenue and become more profitable, which ultimately creates jobs and contributes to the financial strength of our economy.
Under the direct supervision of Senior Management, this position ensures that the IHCC operates efficiently and professionally on a regular basis to advance the IHCC’s commitment to generate resources and advocate on issues that affect the Hispanic business community. The Administration and Finance Manager performs key financial, administrative and record keeping functions; provides clerical support to Senior Management, assists in event planning and execution; and completes other tasks as assigned.
- Processes all financial transactions (bookkeeping, accounts receivable, accounts payable, grants, sponsorships, payroll, depositing checks, monthly close-outs etc.) in a timely manner and in accordance with the organization’s established policies and procedures.
- Maintains appropriate records and documentation of all transactions and activities.
- Prepares and delivers to management monthly reports on the organization’s financial activity.
- Coordinates and manages the organization’s database of members and constituents.
- Ensures that all office functions are carried out in an efficient, effective, professional manner and assists on routine and unexpected projects as directed.
- Provides event planning and implementation support including: mailings, registration, billing, vendor coordination and other activities as assigned.
- Human Resources support: insurance, 401k processing, transit benefit processing, etc.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (accounting or finance) from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Ability to communicate effectively; prepare written reports, correspondence and recommendations;
- Reliability, dependability and outgoing are required.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Exceptional writing skills with high attention to detail.
- Self-starter who is comfortable in a close-knit, team-oriented setting.
- Flexibility and eagerness to learn and work on different tasks as needed.
- Committed to learning and ongoing professional development.
- Knowledge of customer relationship management systems.
- Proficiency using QuickBooks, Google Drive, Microsoft business suite products, Salesforce, and Adobe Creative Suite. Must be comfortable using cloud based software and technologies.
Commensurate with education and experience
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume and a short statement of interest to Kelley Francis at email@example.com by Monday, May 20th, 2019.