As Netflix continues to push its global growth, the Marketing Planning & Analysis (MP&A) team is looking for a talented Manager to drive planning and analysis for our Latin America marketing efforts. Netflix derives a significant competitive advantage from the highly analytical approach it takes to managing all aspects of the business, and this is equally applicable to Marketing Strategy. This position will partner closely with regional Marketing leadership to inform important business decisions with data-driven insights.
In this role, you will need to be highly analytical and detail oriented, proficient problem solver, and an effective communicator. You must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, and focus on generating results. You must be a self-starter and be able to work effectively in an autonomous manner. The position is based in our Los Angeles, CA office and reports directly into our Director, Marketing Planning & Analysis - LatAm.
A successful candidate will have a solid track record of identifying key questions, connecting the dots, performing analyses independently, and communicating findings in a clear and concise way. As the ideal candidate, you must display initiative for anticipating and meeting the business demands of business manager.
- Monitor subscriber behavior - acquisition, retention and viewing - to identify trends and uncover insights that help drive subscriber growth and shape marketing strategy
- Perform value-added analyses to inform marketing campaigns and media optimization
- Support the setup of marketing experimentation within specific LatAm markets in collaboration with other cross-functional teams (MP&A, Science & Algorithms, Content Marketing, etc.)
- Conduct market research, track and compile industry trends and competitive analysis to inform marketing strategies
- Develop insights related to our Original Series and Features, and LatAm markets, to facilitate strategic planning and the allocation of the marketing budget
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to manage in-quarter budget adjustments
- Create deliverables and present findings to a broad range of creative to technical business partners
- Develop trusted relationships with Marketing stakeholders
- You will autonomously lead projects from start to finish (i.e., identify areas of opportunity, structure analyses, gather data, generate insights and communicate findings, influence and help partners and stakeholders with execution).
- 5-7 years of experience in a highly analytical environment - corporate planning and/or analysis in a technology company, top management consulting firm, or similarly demanding environment in which modeling and strategic analysis are performed
- Experience in Latin America is preferred, but not required
- Fluency in Spanish or Portuguese is preferred but not required
- High aptitude and enthusiasm for problem solving through financial modeling and analysis in Excel
- Excellent communication skills and highly capable of crafting and presenting analyses and insights to executives
- Attentive to detail with a keen eye for process improvement opportunities
- History of self-starting initiatives and an enthusiasm for creating their own work
- Familiarity with digital marketing a plus
- Demonstrated experience working in cross-functional teams
- Top-tier education. MBA or Masters in related fields (Economics, Analytics, etc) is a plus, but not required
- Knowledge of data visualization tools such as Tableau is a plus, but not required
- You embrace and advocate the Netflix culture and our long-term view.