Are you passionate about cloud computing and its potential to overcome some of the biggest challenges in High Performance Computing (HPC)? Do you have a unique combination of deep technical knowledge, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills? Do you enjoy tackling large analytical problems as massive scale? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an HPC-focused Solutions Architect to work with our customers to craft cloud-based solutions.
As a trusted customer advocate, you will help organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mind-share and broad use of AWS within public sector customers. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record of customer obsession and delivering results. The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical to a solutions architect. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about technical challenges in HPC.
Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
· Design Customer Solutions: Collaborate with the wider AWS teams to help customers and partners architect HPC Solutions that leverage AWS Services
· Devise Strategy: Engage with Solution Architects, Business Development Managers, Account Managers, Professional Services, and Partners to define an HPC Engagement strategies and programs.
· Thought Leadership: Provide thought leadership on solutions that benefit customers through the use of AWS Services. This takes the form of contribution to external publications such as the AWS Compute Blog, whitepapers and reference architectures, as well as internal training of Solutions Architects, Professional Services Consultants, Technical Account Managers, and AWS Trainers
· Serve as a key member of the business development and accounting management team in helping to ensure customer success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform.
· Assist solution providers with the definition and implementation of technical and business strategies.
· Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the worldwide AWS solution architect community
· Understand AWS market segments, and industry verticals, especially within the public sector.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
· 7+ years' experience with HPC systems.
· 2+ years of hands-on systems architecture, infrastructure engineering, software development, solution architecture or support of research software engineering.
· 1+ years' experience with cloud computing as it relates to HPC.
· An advanced degree in computer science, electrical engineering or related discipline
· Hands-on experience building, maintaining and/or operating grid computing clusters, high performance computing clusters and research data management systems.
· Understanding of HPC applications and workloads, server, and network security.
· Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple business units to achieve results.
· Track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of business environments such as large enterprises and start-ups.
· AWS Certification, eg. AWS Solutions Architect Associate.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age