Are you a technology pro looking for a new opportunity? The Oklahoma City Thunder is seeking an experienced professional to join our IT team. As the Manager, Information Technology, you will lead a technically diverse group of staff, manage projects, oversee the IT helpdesk and provide hands-on support of IT systems and networks. We value your attention to detail and ability to communicate successfully across departments and demographics. Join our family in the dynamic world of professional sports and entertainment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a full-time IT staff, overseeing daily flow and scheduling, promoting professional development and efficiencies in the department
- Collaborate with IT team to support infrastructure and technology at three locations
- Ensure projects, infrastructure maintenance and support requests are resolved in a timely manner utilizing industry standards, established procedures and effective management practices
- Promote security awareness and consistent practices across the organization
- Monitor networks and systems and report or escalate items as needed
- Collaborate with internal and external groups to implement technology projects and act as a technology liaison to departments throughout the organization
- Communicate concisely and professionally within the IT team and across all hierarchies
- Learn setup, maintenance, and troubleshooting of NBA gameday technology and lead staff for successful implementation at all events
- Provide tier III desktop, mobile, and application support across a variety of platforms as needed
- Document networks, systems and processes using SharePoint and helpdesk ticketing system
- Independently research and self-educate on hardware, software, security, and industry trends and recommend technology initiatives
- Efficiently prioritize tasks and respond quickly to critical issues
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or MIS related field, or equivalent relevant work or military experience
- 5 years’ experience preferred in Windows system administration, virtualization, backups, SSO/ADFS, and Active Directory
- 3 years’ experience directly managing technical team dynamics
- Preferred skills include: Cisco networks, VOIP, enterprise on-premise and cloud storage, PowerShell, Office 365 admin, Mac OS admin, software deployment tools and pro A/V
- Superb communication and listening skills across multiple platforms as well as leadership abilities to help foster collaboration and achieve results within deadlines
- Experience in the successful implementation of enterprise-level technology projects, including planning, budgeting, training, documentation, and vendor management
- Service orientation and the desire to continually elevate the customer experience
- Ability to work calmly in a dynamic environment that may include high stress or demanding deadlines
- Primary work location will be the Thunder corporate office located in downtown Oklahoma City
- Driver's license and reliable transportation are required as trips to other locations around the metro will be common
- Physical requirements of the job may include bending, crouching, lifting, climbing stairs or ladders, and in-arena atmosphere may include loud crowd noise and flashing or strobe lighting
- Work schedule will include office hours plus work on evenings, weekend and holidays per the Thunder home game schedule, events, and maintenance windows.
You will enjoy a generous benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision coverage, life and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) with matching funds, employee ticket options, subsidized gym membership, on-site yoga, tuition reimbursement, paid downtown parking and more.
The Professional Basketball Club, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, considering applicants fairly on the basis of qualifications, experience and business needs. We value diversity and support an inclusive environment for all employees.