The Illinois Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (IHCC) is a grantee of the U.S. Department of Transportation and hosts the Great Lakes Small Business Transportation Resource Center (SBTRC). The Great Lakes Region SBTRC serves the states of Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, and Wisconsin.
The Project Coordinator of the USDOTs Great Lakes Region Small Business Transportation Resource Center (SBTRC), is primarily assigned to support the work and activities of the SBTRC Project Director (PD) and the SBTRC Executive Director (ED) with direct responsibility for meeting and exceeding program deliverables and expectations. The SBTRC serves businesses within the transportation/ construction industry throughout the Great Lakes Region, which includes the states of Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, and Wisconsin. The SBTRC Project Coordinator is responsible for managing the Bonding Education Program and Women and Girls in Transportation Initiative while assisting the Center Director with the day-to-day and administrative operations of the program. In addition to assisting the Center Director, the Project Coordinator assists with counseling and acquiring the necessary documentation from clients in order to prepare documents pertaining to capacity building, bond packaging, loan packaging and procurement assistance. These responsibilities call for regular out-of-state travel and a wide variety of management, planning, and multi-tasking skills.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Monthly Invoicing: Compile monthly SBTRC and Bonding Education Program invoices which include monthly bills, personal expenses, payroll reports etc. The monthly SBTRC invoice is to be sent out by the 10th of each month.
- Bonding Education Program (BEP): Manage the planning, coordination and execution of a minimum of two (2) Bonding Education Programs per year within the Great Lakes Region (IL, IN, MI, MN, OH, WI). This includes convening a group of stakeholders to assist with the planning and execution of the program, leading bi-weekly status meetings and planning calls, creating all marketing materials for the program, identifying a minimum of 10-15 qualified participants per program, developing workshop curriculum, and traveling out of state to attend meetings and workshops pertaining to the program.
- Women and girls In Transportation Initiative (WITI): Manage the planning and execution of a minimum of one (1) event per year focusing on women in the transportation industry. Place and track a minimum of two (2) interns per summer with businesses and agencies in the transportation industry. This includes sourcing job descriptions, creating marketing materials, and interviewing candidates. Attend industry events to promote the WITI program.
- Client Counseling: Consult clients via phone, email, and in-person meetings (traveling if necessary) regarding assistance with bonding,, procurement and general capacity building within the transportation industry. Assist clients with a minimum of 5 bonding applications/ packages per year, either associated with a Bonding Education Program or separate counseling.
- Attend weekly meetings: Attend weekly one-on-one meetings with PD. Submit updated to-do list after meeting. Attend bi-weekly status meetings with both PD and ED.
- Conferences and events: Represent the SBTRC at all appropriate local and out of state conferences, trade shows, and industry events as determined by the PD. Complete all work efforts as stated in the conference checklist.
- Presentations: Deliver presentations throughout the year at conferences and workshops regarding the SBTRC’s services.
- Reporting and Database Management: Create post-event reports for all key events and closeout reports for all Bonding Education Programs and WITI internships. Maintain and update database with client and event information.
- SBTRC Marketing: Create, update and maintain all marketing collateral for each Bonding Education Program, WITI internship, SBTRC hosted event, etc. Marketing collateral includes flyers, dedicated e-blasts, and event sites. Manage, create, and execute monthly e-blasts. Maintain and update e-blast calendar on a bi-weekly basis. A minimum of 1 e-blast is to be sent out per month with additional e-blasts determined by both ED and PD.
- Mega projects list: Research, update and email mega-project list to both ED and PD by the 15th of every month.
- Research: Perform transportation related research for clients and the program on an ad-hoc basis as determined by the ED and PD.
- General IHCC events and tasks: Provide support in the planning, outreach and execution of IHCC events. Represent the IHCC at various industry events. Manage member companies as assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree in a business area from an accredited institution of higher learning preferred.
- 3-5 years related experience in supporting small businesses.
- Experience working with government agencies and community outreach.
- Familiarity with internship development issues, or related internship experience.
- Interest in making a long-term commitment to increase the number of women and girls in the transportation industry.
- Ability to prepare written reports, correspondence and recommendations; and ability to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to work effectively with a diverse constituency.
- Reliability and dependability are required.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Self-starter who is comfortable in a close-knit, team-oriented setting.
- Flexibility and eagerness to learn and work on different tasks as needed.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office, such as Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of basic business processes, e.g., procurement, marketing, inventory management, manufacturing, finance, and accounting.
- Must have good communication and presentation skills.
- Must be willing to travel locally, statewide or regionally as required.
- Must have a driver’s license
Salary range: $40,000 - $45,000 dependent on experience and education
Submission Date: Please submit all cover letters and resumes to Gabriela Garcia at email@example.com by April 24th, 2019.