Shopbop.com (an Amazon company) is seeking a flexible, adaptive, and strategic HR leader who can develop HR strategies, systems and processes that enable the growth of the business. This includes recruiting top talent, improving organizational performance and developing organizational capability. The HR Leader must deeply understand the business and act in support of the company’s strategy and operating goals.
The HR leader will act as a business partner to the GM & CEO, providing HR direction for the Shopbop business leadership team. This role is a senior member of the Shopbop leadership team. This is a highly visible HR position, supporting a fast paced business with teams ranging from buying, merchandising, marketing, technology, finance and customer service. This individual must be able to work independently, providing strategic insight while also having a hands-on approach at all levels of the organization.
The HR leader will leverage the resources and expertise of the existing HR team as well as Amazon.com to develop and deliver scalable, customer-focused HR programs and services to the business; implementing them in a way that ensures that the program goals are accomplished while meeting the business needs. The successful candidate will have the demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple competing priorities; inherent to supporting end-to-end HR programs across a diverse group of departments. The leader will also have demonstrated experience in translating a big idea into a process or mechanism that reinforces the organization’s key business objectives. They will have experience in consistently delivering results, and building lasting relationships with business partners across a 300+ person organization. Position will report to Sr. HR Leader, Amazon Fashion with a strong dotted line to GM & CEO, Shopbop.com.
This role has team leadership responsibilities for HR and Recruiting across two locations (Madison WI. and New York NY). The role will be based in Madison with some travel to New York and Seattle.
The HR leader oversees all areas of Human Resources for Shopbop.com including organizational development, change management, employee relations, recruiting, performance management, internal communications, benefits and compensation.
· Develop, implement and evolve HR policies and programs to support the business in areas such as recruiting, performance management, and career development.
· Partner with the business to meet recruitment goals to enable the growth of the business - delivering full life-cycle recruiting support and ensuring a commitment to finding, growing and retaining the best talent.
· Lead on-site HR team.
· Consult on organizational design, workforce planning, succession planning, and skills assessment.
· Provide coaching to develop senior executives and managers throughout the organization.
· Use influence and coaching skills to be an agent of change and cultivate a culture that reflects the values and principles of the organization.
· Work with HR team, managers and employees to address all types of employee relations issues ensuring a balance in representing all parties' interests.
· Review and analyze business data to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve employee engagement, performance, retention, and employee experience.
· Partner with corporate teams to support business unit initiatives and leverage corporate programs.
· Assess leadership and employee development training needs and conduct 1:1 and/or group training sessions as appropriate.
· Partner with other Amazon HR Leaders on projects, sharing of best practices and other similar engagement strategies.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or a related field
· 5+ years of experience in an strategic HR leadership role with broad knowledge and experience in human resource
· Experience partnering with executive leaders in highly complex and dynamic business setting
· Critical Skills and Abilities
· Ability to influence and partner with different levels of the organization to achieve results.
· Strong business and HR acumen, including strong problem solving skills, critical thinking, and analysis.
· Experience working in an entrepreneurial environment requiring strong multi-tasking abilities.
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment is essential.
· Knowledge of employment laws such as ERISA, COBRA, ADA, and other federal and state laws covering discrimination and equal opportunity employment.
· Master's Degree in Human Resources Management or related field
· Experience assessing management and leadership talent
· Broad experience and specific knowledge of human resource theory, including employee development and performance appraisal systems
· Excellent communication and presentation skills.