Duties & Responsibilities:
Loyola University Chicago is currently seeking candidates for Study Abroad Advisor. The advisor is a professional position within the Office for International Programs and performs a variety of duties in support of the recruitment, placement, orientation, and re-entry of Loyola students interested in education abroad opportunities. As a staff member in a multi-function office, this position also involves support of assessment initiatives and additional responsibilities as assigned. For more information on Loyola’s study abroad program, please go to: http://www.luc.edu/studyabroad
Essential Job Functions
• Advising: Advises Loyola students about study, research, intern, volunteer, and teach abroad opportunities. Assists students in identifying the appropriate program of study and sources of funding, as well as academic planning. Acts as a point of contact for students, parents, faculty and staff with respect to study abroad issues.
• Program Support: Provides administrative support for special populations and programs as assigned, including global centers, faculty-led, exchange, and provider programs. Conducts workshops and presentations on financial aid, scholarship opportunities, and overseas program options; pre-departure orientation; and reentry programming for study abroad students. Supervises student staff. In collaboration with the Associate Director and/or Executive Director, resolves unique situations as they arise. Additional duties as assigned.
• Recruitment: Promotes study abroad on campus and identifies new avenues for recruitment of Loyola students to take part in education abroad programs. Develops and maintains relationships with campus partners and prospective students. Coordinates and/or conducts on-campus presentations for various constituencies. Gathers and maintains data related to study abroad learning outcomes and the effectiveness of recruitment activities; prepares reports on recruitment related activities and outcomes.
• Marketing: Develops and maintains print and electronic marketing and public relations materials. Implements study abroad marketing plan utilizing a variety of tools including classroom presentations, special events, and social media; develops printed and web based materials as needed. Provides input on marketing and communication strategies. Coordinates Fall and Spring study abroad fairs. Assists staff with establishing website content and design, web (re)development, and ongoing maintenance.
• Additional duties as assigned in support of education abroad and OIP initiatives.
Minimum Education and/or Work Experience
Bachelor’s degree in related field and one-two years of related experience; experience studying, working, and/or teaching abroad; experience advising college students; outstanding written and oral communication skills; and strong computer and presentation skills.
Master’s degree related to international education; study abroad advising experience; promotion or marketing experience; and foreign language skills.
Valid US Drivers License
- Advanced MS Word processing, MS Excel or Spreadsheets, MS PowerPoint, MS Publisher and MS Access or Database Software.
- Adept user of Internet, e-mail and other office automation systems.
- Adept at using various social media platforms