The Milwaukee Bucks are looking for a passionate Lead Graphic Designer who has experience working in a fast-paced, hands-on environment, preferably with knowledge and experience of the professional sports industry. The Lead Graphic Designer will create innovative, visually impactful designs for digital and print applications, that maintain the continuity and integrity of the Milwaukee Bucks and their brands (including the Wisconsin Herd, Bucks Gaming and Fiserv Forum). The Lead Graphic Designer will be expected to take the lead on various projects and campaigns; providing ideation, creative direction and constructive feedback. It is vital that the Lead Graphic Designer understands creative management of both processes and people. In this role, the lead designer will be asked to provide input to fine tune creative workflows, as well as act as a mentor to other designers (freelance, junior level and interns) to help them further develop their skills.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist in providing ideation and leadership for larger projects, campaigns and initiatives
· Ability to design for both digital and print, including digital campaigns, arena graphics and other promotional materials such as invitations, logos/lockups, postcards, brochures, flyers, signage, advertisements, etc.
· Work with existing creative and deliver supporting designs, as well as execute original designs based on supporting strategy and brand guidelines
· Participate in and/or lead team brainstorming sessions, creative reviews and other creative collaborations
· Provide constructive feedback and mentor other designers
· Proactively recommend creative communications for marketing proposals
· Able to take projects from start to finish with minimal supervision
· Able to collaborate with creative team, internal teams and external clients in a professional manner
· Advanced layout and typography knowledge
· Possesses advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite on MAC platform - specifically InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Lightroom (AfterEffects is a plus)
· Great communication, organization and leadership skills
· Creative, resourceful and an excellent problem solver
· Ability to meet deadlines and work with changing priorities
· Ability to take strategic feedback and incorporate into revisions as well as provide constructive feedback to other designers
·Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or visual communications from a four-year college or university
· Experience managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
· Minimum of three years of graphic design work experience in an agency or corporate setting – experience with a professional sports team or within the professional sports industry a plus
· Ability to work collaboratively with multiple departments and clients
· Highly organized, detail oriented and objective focused
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.