The Manager Human Resources & Benefits Specialist will maintain and enhance the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs and practices.
Essential Functions (Duties & Responsibilities**):
- Learning & Development
- Serves as a key resource for business stakeholders, to both consult and help identify the appropriate learning or OD intervention (e.g. learning solutions, coaching, mentoring, on the job training, professional development classes, etc.) to develop talent and support organization effectiveness.
- Design, develop, and support delivery of leadership and learning programs
- Identify potential new partners, initiatives, and activities and make recommendations in support on an expanding center of excellence in learning and organizational development
- Benefits/Health & Wellness
- Administer and manage employee benefits and retirement programs
- Maintain employee benefits programs and inform employees of benefits
- Assess benefit needs and trends; recommend benefit programs to management
- Direct the processing of benefit claims
- Conduct educational programs on benefit programs
- Talent Acquisition
- Partner with hiring managers to determine staffing needs
- Maintain relationship with both internal and external clients to ensure staffing goals are achieved
- Source through internal candidate database as well as professional associations, referrals, and other networking resources
- Screen candidates to ensure their qualifications meet open positions
- Conduct skills testing, office interviews, reference checks, and background investigations
- Manages the effective implementation of human resources initiatives,
policies and procedures, including compliance, employee onboarding and
exiting, performance management, training, compensation, affirmative
action planning and employee safety.
- Provides employee relations support, including conflict resolution, disciplinary action and performance improvement counseling.
- Create and implement a new hire orientation process
- Create and manage yearly internship program
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
**Responsibilities subject to change based on organizational needs and direction from management.
Education (Required/ Preferred):
· Bachelor’s degree (required)
· Master’s degree preferred in Human Resources Management or Organizational Effectiveness
· PHR/SPHR certification is a plus
· Minimum of five (5) years of Human Resources experience; corporate HR experience is a plus
· Previous HR experience within a sports franchise a plus
· ADP Workforce Now
· Microsoft Office
Knowledge, skills, abilities:
· Strong working knowledge of local, state, and federal employment laws, including but not limited to: FLSA, FMLA, ERISA, ADA, EEO, COBRA, HIPPA, and ACA regulations
· Experienced in the following areas: compensation, recruiting/staffing, benefits, employee relations, compliance, career development, performance management, and/or training
· Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven history of effective relationship building across all levels of an organization; strong customer-service orientation and business partnering skills
· Demonstrated ability to effectively facilitate diverse teams, collaborate and achieve results
· Proven communication skills, verbal and written
· Proven ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
· Strong influencing skills
· Demonstrated ability to make sound, quick decisions
· Demonstrated ability to leverage networks to implement HR best practices
· Strong organizational skills
Location: El Segundo (offices M-F), downtown Los Angeles when needed (Staples Center for Laker home games), and other occasional off-site events
Travel: Up to 10% of the time
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.