Shopbop is actively recruiting for a world-class Software Development Engineer to help us refining our roadmaps and technical direction, and follow through with detailed architecture and design, superior code, and driving operational excellence.
How do you know if you are a good fit for us?
· You want to have a wide domain of ownership.
· You want to build new APIs to support new business processes and reshape existing applications.
· You are a full stack developer. We deal with data, business logic, web layers, and more.
· You love owning the project from idea to production, delivering in all phases from the kernel of an idea through implementation to getting that well-tested code into production.
· You are innovative. We develop with the latest technologies.
· You enjoy collaborating with your teammates who are world-class developers like yourself.
· You love working in agile development environments and continuously delivering quality features for your customers.
· You want to shape the future of the fashion retail industry and the future of Amazon.
About Shopbop | East Dane
Since its launch in 2000, as a modestly sized online boutique specializing in hard-to-find denim lines, Shopbop has grown to become one of the leading fashion retailers in the world. Curated with a chic, buyer in mind, Shopbop offers a comprehensive collection of designer apparel and accessories to suit every style and occasion. Called “The Editors of What's Cool” by Daily Candy, and recognized by The Wall Street Journal as having "the best customer service", Shopbop's commitment to staying ahead of the curve and providing a personalized shopping experience continue to be driving forces behind the company's success.
· Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field (or equivalent experience)
· 5+ years professional experience in software development
· Strong computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis
· Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java.
· Experience with AWS Web Services such as: DynamoDB, SQS, SNS, SWF, S3, RDS, EC2, ELB.
· Experience with RESTful API development
· Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of software engineering best practices for the full software development lifecycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
· Experience designing and developing a service-oriented architecture
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy