As a global specialty retailer, Banana Republic is focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics. Our customers seek to make the most of every moment. How we do it is just as important as what we do. We value people who are confident, optimistic and curious, because we believe in unleashing creativity and greatness every day.
GENERAL SUMMARY (OVERVIEW):
Banana Republic offers versatile, contemporary classics designed for today with style that endures. How we create product is just as important as what we do. Details matter. We strive to make it easy; include and inspire our customers and each other every day; be curious, be honest and kind; unleash creativity and greatness every day; and tread lightly on the world.
The District Manager at Banana Republic Factory Stores is accountable for driving consistent and exceptional in store experiences for our customers. The District Manager sets the pace for delivering on the brand vision and business direction. They are passionate about motivating and inspiring the store teams to deliver results and exceed customer’s expectations. The District Manager on average oversees 10 store locations.
- Drive for Results
- Talent Builder
- Strategic Orientation
- Learning Agility
RESPONSIBILITIES (KEY RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Ensures teams deliver an exceptional customer experience that differentiates Banana Republic in the marketplace.
- Creates an engaging employee experience that can attract, develop and retain the best retail talent in the industry
- Leads by example and demonstrates Growth Mindset through embracing challenges and learning from feedback
- Builds key talent and bench at all levels Can effectively attract, select and assess high potential talent. Ensures development plans are in place for leaders
- Strategically sets priorities and delegates to the team to work through both short and long term priorities
- Fosters creativity and diversity of ideas by identifying ways to source ideas from the team to impact the brand
- Effective communication skills with HQ Business Partners and Field Leaders
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (KEY EXPERIENCES):
- Strong customer focus mindset internally and externally
- Proven ability to inspire teams to impact and deliver on results
- Strategic thinking skills that are grounded in brand reputation and customer experiences
- Excellent decision making ability
- Creative mindset – experience in bringing out the creative ideas of others; encourages new possibilities
- A self-directed and lifelong learner; seeks out new ideas and experiences
- Ambiguity – is change agile, can decide and act without having the full picture, comfortably handles risk and uncertainty
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- 5+ years leadership experience in a service oriented industry
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.