Would you like to lead a Specialized Sales team focused on accelerating adoption of Microsoft workloads running on Amazon Web Services’ secure and global infrastructure? Do you have the business savvy, technical background, and sales leadership skills necessary to help position Amazon as the cloud provider of choice for Microsoft workloads?
AWS is seeking a seasoned Specialized Sales Manager to help us maintain our leadership position as the preferred cloud platform for Microsoft workloads. The role has a specific focus on the Microsoft workloads on AWS, including datacenter and database migrations based on Microsoft Windows Server and Microsoft SQL Server. The Specialized Sales Team is critical to driving deeper workload specialization in alignment with our Account Managers with a goal to build a unified and cohesive community of delighted Microsoft workload customers powering their businesses with AWS. The leader of this team will be in charge of leading a Specialized Sales Team in US Central area. She/he will be an integral part of the area leadership team and a key member of the worldwide Microsoft workloads specialized sales organization.
The ideal candidate will have enterprise sales management experience in areas such as data center migrations, database management systems, cloud computing, infrastructure optimization/modernization and earning customer trust by helping to create a long-term strategy with the customer as part of their AWS partnership. She/he will be a self-starter, and will be willing to operate both tactically and strategically. As a key team member in this fast growing, exciting space, this leader will have the opportunity to help drive the growth and shape the future of a service category with significant impact on our customers’ business. Responsibilities will include building and managing a sales team focused on driving adoption, consumption and market penetration with enterprise and global customers. The ideal candidate will possess a sales background with a strong track record of performance and customer obsession to lead a team of senior specialized sellers with engagements at the CxO level and manage a regional sales pipeline. She/he will engage with AWS sales, solutions architects, partners and professional services organizations to drive large and highly complex opportunities to closure. She/he will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions while working cross-organizationally to build consensus.
· 7-10 years of technology related sales or business development experience with quota accountability.
· Minimum of 5 years technology sales management experience.
· Experience selling Microsoft datacenter and database technologies.
· Exposure to Microsoft Licensing.
· Experience selling Windows Server, SQL Server or Azure
· Experience working at Microsoft or a Microsoft Partner
· Experience with data center migrations
· Ability to develop and execute strategic plans
· Exceptional communication and presentation skills
· Experience supporting a complex technical sales or specialist sales organization.
· Candidates must understand concepts related to pipeline velocity, opportunity structure, key milestones, and coaching the sales process.
· Strong process and operational management skills - ability to drive scale, consistency and efficiency through the disciplined use of systems and processes.
· Expertise in improving technology relationships and scalability via partners and ISV’s where appropriate.
· BA/BS degree. A technical background in engineering, computer science, or MIS a plus.