This role will be responsible for providing direct technical support to partners in Research and Development in the delivery of projects by the completion of experiments, procedures, protocols or studies involving in vivo models. To assist in training other colleagues in the efficient conduct of techniques, scientific study operations, and contribute significantly to the advancement of 3Rs. Perform all regulatory responsibilities in compliance with applicable local and/or global regulatory standards. To support Comparative Medicine’s Clinical Veterinarians to deliver high quality clinical and surgical support. Provide veterinary care through consultations on treatments and procedures. All duties require minimal supervision.
- Support the project teams in both Research and Development by performing technical procedures in the conduct of experiments and protocols and by collecting, recording, and exporting data in the delivery of studies.
- Interact with the key in-vivo contacts in project teams to understand their needs, engaging them in a flexible and constructive manner.
- Assists with the scheduling and approving of requests for research support.
- Study oversight - manage day to day operations of assigned research studies conducted within the department. Achieve study objectives and ensure team effectiveness, including defining best practices and developing process advancements.
- Set a workplace standard through leading by example, showing mastery of all SOP's, regulatory guidelines and Pfizer policies. Exemplify work-place standards, positive habits, and engaging behaviors toward co-workers.
- Contribute to operational excellence notably by the collection of metrics showing the efficient delivery of support across project teams, including alignment with colleagues in CM in the delivery of technical support and its associated metrics when required.
- Mentoring of colleagues in CM and other Research lines in the efficient and refined conduct of technical procedures.
- Assists the veterinary staff in identifying and treating of colony animals. This may include identifying adverse outcomes in the course of experimental support or surgery, initiating health records, and performing health checks of colony rooms as requested.
- Assists in the operational functions of the vivarium, including providing back up/weekend support as well as serving as a contact for supply inventory and stocking.
- Maintains appropriate records in compliance with regulatory and departmental standards, this may include maintaining in vivo study related records.
May be required to work under one of the following: the United States Department of Agriculture Animal Welfare Act and associated Regulations and Standards, the Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals, Good Laboratory Practices, Public Health Service Policy and/or AAALAC accreditation standards.
- Associates degree required; BA/BS in related field preferred
- AALAS certification preferred
- 2 years of related experience
- Experience working in a pharmaceutical setting preferred
- Ability to demonstrate level of technical skills and abilities
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Will have to work weekends on regular occasion, may have to work one weekend day as part of standard schedule.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.