Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth, business knowledge, and strong interpersonal skills. You will partner with customers and several AWS teams to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems. As a trusted customer advocate, you will help organizations understand best practices around cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of AWS within organizations.
Here are some of the qualities we are searching for:
- Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
- An affinity for the new and unknown. We are always experimenting with innovative technologies including cloud computing, Machine Learning, and Internet of Things.
- Enjoy working with customers of all shapes and sizes. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building solutions for a diverse and challenging set of customers ranging from small businesses to large enterprises.
· Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
· Programming in one or more object-oriented languages like Java/Python/C#/Ruby/Objective C/C++.
· Strong communication skills. This is a customer facing role and you will be frequently interacting with clients.
· Ability to travel to client locations to deliver professional services when needed.
· Specialized technical degree or equivalent experience, and/or graduate degree. Experience running research projects or programming analytics applications is a plus.
· Industry Cloud Computing Certifications
· A proven ability to analyze in depth a complex subject using statistical methods and/or programming techniques.
· Understanding of systems engineering and architecture, including the inputs, outputs, requirements and dependencies of complex systems
· Customer focused attitude. The ability to empathize with clients and be their advocate
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.