Cox Media Group Jacksonville seeks an experienced motivated sales leader to manage the sales strategies of our Radio and Digital assets. This individual will lead a team of Account Executives from Radio that will deliver on revenue goals from all revenue types including local direct, agency and digital. Manage all aspects of sales including coaching and developing staff, creating and implementing new business packages, overseeing sales promotions, managing inventory, forecasting revenue, packaging sports sales and recruiting/retaining top sales talent.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include:
- Responsible for hiring, training, and performance management of talent Account Executives. Coaching, setting goals and working to keep them motivated and engaged.
- Maintain a pipeline of media sales professionals to build a strong talent pool for future needs
- Partners with CMG Corporate Product Portfolio team on the strategy and implementation of initiatives
- Coordinate sales efforts, develop multi-product marketing solutions and communicate changes in direction, products, expectations, processes and standards as they pertain to CMG’s media assets
- Conduct continuous research on the latest industry trends, preliminary tests and consumer behavior analysis to develop new ideas for the Jacksonville market to generate higher revenue
- Managing and pricing of Radio commercial inventory for optimal revenue generation.
- Make sales calls with sales staff and provide feedback as a tool of training and development
- Communicate clear expectations and hold account executives accountable for meeting goals
- Accurately forecast revenue to identify key strategies for increasing market share and product usage
- Complete budgetary responsibly for departmental expenses
- Provide leadership and set direction for sales team
- Maintain key advertiser relationships and community involvement
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Prefer at least 4 years sales management experience leading and developing sales teams
- Excellent communication, presentation, organization and analytical skills.
- Strong selling skills.
- Strategic planning, execution and new revenue development skills
- Proven track record of hiring and developing high performance sales professionals.
- Strong ability to grow people through feedback, performance management and internal training opportunities
- Extensive knowledge of digital sales processes, digital platforms, technology trends, customer buying patterns and budgeting