The CMG Tampa RadioPart-Time Air Talent position includes a mix of “live” and “pre-recorded” (tracked vs. live) air shifts to host the music format and communicate to listeners - key product details and promotions as outlined by the station’s Strategic Action Plan and format clock outline. This position also may require different shifts and schedules based on the station needs.
Please Submit online your Resume and Air Check Sample requested with online application upon submission for this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Live air shift as scheduled by Supervisor.
- Voice track automation of pre-recorded air shifts.
- Station event appearances as scheduled to include: station concerts for the purpose of handing out station promotional items, directing listener questions at booth, assisting programming and promotions staff with giveaway execution and distribution.
- Occasionally in-house commercial production and voice over assignments as a function of filling in for full time personality’s air shift per vacation/sick leave schedule determined by program director.
- Attending station programming meetings, training (per request), and station staff meetings (as needed).
- Be available for scheduled air check review sessions for monitoring personality’s performance and coaching of on air presentation and techniques and suggestions.
- Miscellaneous other duties as required by supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications for Consideration:
- Experience with broadcast automation software.
- Minimum of two years on-air experience.
- Requires good typing skills.
- Requires excellent communication skills.
- Requires good interpersonal skills.
- Well-rounded social media experience.
- Familiarity with the stations brand, music and target audience.
- Please Submit online your Resume and Air Check Sample requested with online application upon submission for this role.
Experience and Education:
- Minimum of two (2) years on-air radio experience.
Necessary Language Skills:
- Able to communicate in English.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; or crouch.
- The employee must occasionally lift/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Reliable mode of transportation.
- Night, weekend and holiday work is required.
- Please include a link to your airchecks with your submission.