MPM is looking for a creative individual who can effectively design, develop, produce and implement audio, video, photographic and graphic media consisting of high quality, content rich offerings for all departments within the museum. Must enjoy having a flexible work schedule based upon the needs of the video production projects and be willing to try new techniques!
- Editing and shooting video in and around the Milwaukee Public Museum for use in the Planetarium, advertising campaigns, and to be enjoyed during museum special events
- Coordinating script writing, story boarding, pre-visualizations, location scouting and securing talent as required
- Audio recording and sound engineering; audio surround is an added plus
- Establishing priorities, schedules and workflows that permit the timely production of digital media assets.
- Coordinating and managing the video, audio, CGI, motion graphic and photographic needs and assets of the museum organization.
- Identifying equipment requirements for effective video/photo/audio production and assist in the budgeting and procurement of equipment and materials.
- Identifying needed resources to manage, maintain and utilize multi-media resources including databases, archives, digital video, photo and audio libraries.
Bachelor’s degree in Design,Art, Film, or related field, with an emphasis in computer-assisted graphic design and video production and at least 5 years experience in multi-media production, or equivalent combination. Knowledge and experience in education and science highly desired. Must have demonstrated competence in: 3D modeling, animation and motion graphics, audio recording and mixing (both studio and field), video recording and editing (full dome experience a plus), and still photography techniques. Experience in the appropriate software packages for each discipline required. Experience with RED cinema equipment/RED workflow a plus.
- Family and Friends Museum Membership
- Museum Discounts including Free Coffee Fridays
- Transportation Assistance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Group benefits package (Medical, Dental. Long-term Disability, Vision, Life Insurance, and 401k)