DirectPath is an industry leader in employee engagement, health care compliance and transparency for Fortune 1000 employers. Our customers experience significant ROI on their benefits investments through increased employee participation, management of the evolving regulatory environment and reduced cost through benefits plan management technology.
At the core of our success are the people – the Advocates - who interact with our members. Our members are employees of nationwide companies who have employer-sponsored benefit programs. Advocates help our members navigate their benefits so they can make informed decisions and use their benefits to the fullest.
Seeking fluent English and Spanish speaking candidates for our full-time remote opportunities within the Southeastern Wisconsin and Greater Chicago area.
Advocates begin with a tailored training program, learning what it means to be a DirectPath Advocate, how to use customized applications and systems, and stay current on healthcare industry regulations and changes that may impact service delivery or the member experience. Our Advocates are trained and prepared, ready to help members get the most from their benefit programs.
- Using our custom designed member-support system, consult with members who require help/guidance/actions with regards to their employer-sponsored benefit program(s)
- Document member conversations, follow-ups and resolutions
- When necessary, use problem-solving techniques to identify issues, root causes and possible solutions
- Set expectations for time-sensitive follow ups, and how the issue will be managed, including possible outcomes
- Research and resolve member issues, including consulting with providers, plan administrators, insurance companies
- Collaborate with internal colleagues internally to assist and/or transfer, based on need (transparency specialists or nurse navigator)
- Create specific cases, following specific timing guidelines and methodology; follow through and close cases in a timely manner
- Assists with calls and requests that require special handling
- Serves as a subject matter expert on advocacy issues for less experienced Advocates
- Works directly with supervisor to handle escalated and/or high profile issues
- Educate members on issues related to using the healthcare system and their specific benefit plan
- Maintain acceptable job performance standards
- Home Office: Requires adequate internet connection speed (as available with your provider)
- Minimum internet bandwidth of 10 Mbps (for remote support purposes)
- You will receive a $40/month for working remotely
- Company phone will be provided, installation assistance will also be provided by phone
- Live in Southeastern Wisconsin, Madison area, or Greater Chicago area
- Has a dedicated secure work space within home
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet business needs
- Speak, read, and write Spanish fluently
- Exhibits a professional and consultative demeanor with members, brokers, employers and customers of all types
- Consistently delivers excellent customer service
- Healthcare Industry experience or knowledge (benefits, specifically)
- Maintains a positive attitude in the face of challenging or difficult situations
- Exemplifies the DirectPath vision and values
Education and Background
- Bachelor's degree not required, but desired; post high school training or experience in the health insurance field
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in health insurance, benefits, a provider setting or other similar environment is required
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret insurance plan documents
- Ability to effectively write and orally communicate professionally
- Ability to learn and proficiently use internal systems that support the role
DirectPath offers our team members a comprehensive and competitive compensation and employee benefits package.