We are looking for a Professional Services Global Practice Manager for our worldwide Big Data Analytics (BDA) Practice.
Are you interested in working with the largest organizations in the world as they navigate through some of the most dynamic and disruptive digital transformation projects in their organization's history? Does the prospect of helping these organizations go digital through the adoption of cloud-based Big Data Analytic solutions excite you? Can you lead world-class teams that drive breakthrough business outcomes using new IT delivery models?
We are seeking an action-oriented visionary who is craving to be part of a great company in a fast growing industry. We need someone that will thrive in a fast-paced environment on our AWS Big Data Analytics Professional Services Practice. You will lead a team of AWS Big Data Analytic consultants and collaborate with our Partners to deliver business value to our customers. The role requires both a deep Customer Obsession and Partner Obsession mentality.
You will also work closely with your Professional Services colleagues in Machine Learning, High-Performance Computing, and Internet of Things (IoT) to provide more comprehensive data-enabled solutions. You will collaborate with our AWS Sales, Business Development, Solutions Architect, Training and Service teams to help customers deploy our current solutions and provide input into new features and functionality.
· Proven track record of delivering business value to customers with Big Data Analytic solutions
· Outstanding senior Customer relationship management experience and collaboration skills in a consulting team leader role
· BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
· Proven capability to build and lead a team of Big Data Analytic consultants
· Strong verbal and written communications skills
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges of Big Data Analytic in an enterprise environment.
· 5+ years of prior development and/or DBA experience in Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) including hands-on experience in implementation and performance tuning MPP databases (Teradata, Vertica, Netezza, Greenplum).
· Familiarity with on premise transactional database environments such as Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL and/or Postgres, as well as MPP databases (Teradata, Netezza, Vertica and Greenplum).
· Knowledge of optimal design of database environments, analyzing complex distributed production deployments, and making recommendations to optimize performance.
· Demonstrated creativity and ability to develop innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems.
· Ability to collaborate with Global and Enterprise account teams and sales leadership to drive adoption of Big Data Analytic Solutions into top accounts.
· Familiarity with TCO, ROI and Value Models to help Customers understand the cost/benefit equation associated with Big Data Analytic Cloud solutions.
· Identify, lead and contribute to the creation of best practices, packaged offering, white papers, workshops, etc.
· Ability to travel to client locations to deliver professional services, as needed.
· Masters or PhD in Computer Science or Business Administration
· One of the AWS Associate level certifications or AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner.
· Demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of database, data warehousing or data sciences.
· Extensive hands on experience in leading large-scale full-cycle MPP enterprise data warehousing (EDW) projects.
· Prior hands on experience in data warehousing design, tuning and ETL/ELT process development.
· Experience with SQL and scripting (bash, perl or python) ability.
· Proven track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise environments.
· Deep understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry including MPP databases, NoSQL storage, Data Warehouse design, BI reporting and Dashboard development.
· Demonstrated knowledge of Cloud Computing, AWS services such as EC2, S3, VPC and Redshift.
· Enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment fast paced environment.
· Ability to communicate complex topics to an audience with various functional knowledge
· Strong organizational and project management skills with an ability to manage numerous, competing demands from internal and external stakeholders and Customers.