The Amazon HR Talent Acquisition team will be conducting first round interviews for Technical and Non-Technical Recruiters in Chicago, IL; in addition to other various locations across the U.S. late October 2018. Final round interviews will take place in Seattle for those candidates who are selected to move forward. Please apply for consideration to be based in either the Chicago, IL or Seattle, WA metro areas. The final location of this role will be determined following interviews for those candidates who receive offers to join one of the Talent Acquisition teams in Alexa/Devices, AWS, Biz Development, Consumer, Finance, HR or Legal.
At Amazon, our Recruiters are talent consultants who bring operational excellence and creative ideas to multi-faceted, large scale, competitive challenges. Recruiters are trusted with the strategic ownership for attracting and hiring outstanding innovators and leaders who will continue to raise the bar for what is possible, contributing to our Customer’s, and Amazon’s success.
Recruiters are a critical partner to the business continuously earning trust with leaders at all levels, and partnering effectively cross-functionally with HRBPs, Finance, Compensation, and other business partners.
These opportunities require hands-on partnership with the business to lead effective candidate sourcing of passive talent including assessments and, when applicable, closing approaches including offer negotiations and understanding candidate motivators. Sr. Recruiters will also be responsible for partnering closely with Business Clients and other HR and Recruiting Leaders to set and drive strategy, goals, process, and hiring metrics.
The strongest candidates for this opportunity will have experience hiring across both active and passive channels.
Roles and Responsibilities may vary by position, however the following are crucial components of Talent Acquisition at Amazon:
· Develop sourcing models and plans to generate talent pipe; create and execute robust search strategies that will attract the best and brightest talent; calibrate candidates with hiring managers. Develop prospects into candidates. Engage, sustain relationships, screen and interview.
· Continually contribute to the knowledge base of the group sharing new information about industries and talent pools or profile types.
· Lead the briefing meetings and participate in job scoping discussions as needed.
· Prepare/contribute to search status reports and lead/participate in client update meetings on active searches.
· Provide strategic guidance and become an advisor to Consumer Engagement leaders in matters related to tech hiring by delivering results.
· Proactively network and establish effective working relationships, must pursue conscious cost-containment efforts in recruiting, continually seek new sourcing options, and develop creative approaches to delivering candidates to the customer
Currently we have multiple Recruiting and Sr. Recruiting roles open, ranging in focus from: Sourcing, Full Life Cycle and Closing.
Curious to learn more? We want to meet you! RSVP to attend our local Info Session which will include an overview of best practices for interviewing successfully with Amazon as well as networking time with representatives from our client teams. Attendance is limited and exclusively offered to Recruiting and Human Resources professionals.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
· 3+ years of recruiting experience
· Prior experience in a research capacity for passive candidate generation and experience managing client relationships
· 5 to 7+ years recruiting experience
· Recruiting experience within the high tech industry
· Strong client focus and commitment to continuous improvement; Passion and acumen for client’s business
· Ability to proactively network and establish effective working relationships, must pursue conscious cost-containment efforts in recruiting, outstanding communication skills, organizational and negotiation skills.
· Ability to execute recruiting strategy, including employer promotion in the marketplace, candidate management, and interview process management
· Self-sufficient and able to work with little direct supervision
· Strong consulting skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, as a team leader and member
· Possess strong analytic skills with ability to create, measure, and scale the right workflow between candidates, hiring managers, and the recruiting team
· Strong experience in drafting competitive offers and closing candidates effectively
· Will be a top technical recruiter. Whether your background is corporate/in house or search firm, you will be genuinely interested in and the go-to person for technical industry searches, specifically in core technical recruiting role.
· Will have clear written and verbal communication. Experience in advising and influencing Sr. leadership with narrative documents and reports.
· Proven ability to keep up with a fast-paced environment. Resilience under pressure. Polite pushback when required. Ready to collaborate and bring ideas to the attention of the whole team. Confident when working autonomously.
· Exceptional consulting, technical acumen, and assessing skills.
· Articulate with a high level of business acumen; able to influence and respond across complex arguments and engage with senior level executives in a polished and professional manner
· Self-assured, not easily thrown, able to think on their feet
· Inquisitive; with a strong desire to learn.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.