UnidosUS, previously known as NCLR (National Council of La Raza), is the nation’s largest Hispanic civil rights and advocacy organization. Through its unique combination of expert research, advocacy, programs, and an Affiliate Network of nearly 300 community-based organizations across the United States and Puerto Rico, UnidosUS simultaneously challenges the social, economic, and political barriers at the national and local levels. For 50 years, UnidosUS has united communities and different groups seeking common ground through collaboration, and that share a desire to make our country stronger. For more information on UnidosUS, visit www.unidosus.org or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
The HR & Facilities Coordinator is responsible for the general administrative duties of the department and reports to the Human Resources Generalist. Responsibilities include supporting the recruiting process, maintaining employee records filing system, facilities and office coordination, and special projects. Success in this role requires a high level of initiative, strong organizational skills, close attention to detail, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to discreetly handle confidential information on a regular basis. This is a full-time position.
RESPONSIBILITIES HR Administrative Duties:
• Provide support to compliance-related work, recruiting process, including external postings, applicant tracking, resume review to include records retention, reconciliation, and auditing work.
• Assist with setting up new employee files and filing and maintaining HR records, ensuring that all documents are valid and auditable and adhere to federal, state, and local laws.
• Support strategic activities and special events, including employee recognition programs, benefits open enrollment, trainings, meetings, and celebrations including: Holiday Party Committee, Thanksgiving Reception, Admin Professionals Day, Service Awards, IME recognition Ice Cream Social and Flu Shot Clinic etc.
• Support team meetings, develop agendas, and follow up as appropriate.
• Ensure that labor law posters are posted and up-to-date with federal and state requirements.
• Support document management for the administrative component.
• Provide day-to-day operational and special project support to HR, including answering employee questions.
• Maintains/updates directory, roster and electronic directory, employee contact information, employee portal home page on ADP, etc.
• Create request for payment for monthly staff transportation benefits (parking, Metro checks, etc.) and monitor distribution.
• Maintain and order HR office supplies as needed.
• Prepare and track requests for payment (RFPs) for any equipment-related expenses and submit RFPs through Finance system (Concur) in a timely manner. Facilities Administrative Duties:
• Receive and respond to routine correspondence (some of which may be confidential); proofread, revise and edit other materials for accuracy, thoroughness and appropriateness.
• Respond to facilities issues and report via appropriate communication mechanisms.
• Keep management informed of facilities issues and other maintenance activities
• Maintain supplies:
o Order paper and toner Order postal supplies, UPS printer labels, UPS boxes and letter envelopes, postage machine labels, and other United States Postage Service (USPS) supplies
• Maintain mailroom with appropriate stock and ensure that equipment functions appropriately.
• Coordinate mailroom maintenance activities as needed.
• Coordinate use of conference rooms with appropriate staff: o Monitor UNIDOSUS’s conference room request (CRR) email account and enter requests on the conference room calendar (using Outlook).
o Maintain copies of all conference room requests.
o Promptly send requests to the IT department if special equipment set-up is needed.
• Coordinate maintenance of office equipment.
• Provide administrative support for processing and approving supply orders and invoices, such as Impact Office, etc.
• Set up systems to ensure that these duties occur routinely allowing the office to run smoothly.
• Provide administrative support and other duties, as assigned.
• High school graduate and at least four years of relevant professional work experience.
• Excellent communication skills in both English and Spanish (bilingual fluency required).
• Must be friendly and welcoming on the phone and in person, with a strong commitment to customer service and problem solving.
• Ability to take accurate phone messages for referral to the appropriate staff member.
• Knowledge of and familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). • Ability to function effectively under pressure.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments with efficiency excellent follow through.
• Reliable job attendance and punctuality essential to meet daily work expectations.
• Professional manner and a demonstrated commitment to quality and accountability.
• Ability to work as part of a team and to coordinate across UNIDOSUS components.
• Commitment to UNIDOSUS’s mission and values, and inherent respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision, maintain attention to deadlines, function effectively under pressure and communicate clearly and effectively about workload/priorities.
• Good disposition, flexible, and collaborative.
SEND COVER LETTER AND RÉSUMÉ TO:
1126 16th St., NW, Suite 600
Washington, DC 20036
Subject Line: HR & Facilities Coordinator
Attn: Sonia M. Guerrero
No phone calls please!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, marital status, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, personal appearance, family responsibilities, political affiliation, or enrollment in a college, university, technical school, or adult education.