When done correctly, advertising allows customers to discover new products they love and brands to find new customers. Revenues generated from advertising allow us to decrease costs for our customers: save $20 when you buy a Kindle with ads customized for you. It's a win for our customers, a win for our advertisers and a win for Amazon.
Our team is building a set of tools to enable marketing and engineering teams to easily delivery targeted, actionable messages to our millions of our advertisers. We will have web based tools integrated with complex systems that mine large amounts of data, compute the right message to deliver to any advertiser and then send the message on multiple channels. We will also surface the advertiser response and impact of the communication to the business. We have to build tools that will delight our marketing teams as well as our customers -- millions of advertisers.
This is a highly visible project with executive sponsorship which will have a very big impact to the business. You will be Web based tools that will be used internally and externally and integrate with large scale backend systems. You will be working closely with product managers, marketers and graphic designers.
· You take ownership of architecture, design.
. You can think like a customer and build solutions that will delight the customer.
. You have worked in a tech lead capacity and have the ability to rapidly produce code and deliver results.
· You've got a proven track record of earning the trust of engineers, product managers, and designers with whom you work
· You understand that it's still Day One at Amazon and you are excited about launching an engaging and challenging career at Amazon
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
· 3+ years professional experience in software development
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
· Masters degree in CS or an engineering discipline
· Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
· Experience in applying open-source technologies.
· Experience with agile software development methodologies like Scrum
· Experience with rapid prototyping and evaluation of customer applications
· Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
· A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects
· Expertise with functional-style ES5+ language support
· Expertise with React front end development
· Familiarity with Webpack, SCSS, and other front-end web resource management.
· Familiarity with ES6 typing tech such as Typescript or Flow.JS
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.