This role will provide HR leadership, with a heavy emphasis on Employee Relations, to NBC Entertainment to facilitate growth in a dynamic work environment. This role is primarily responsible for providing HR and employee relations support to managers and employees across the LA, NY, Chicago, Portland, and Toronto regions. This position reports to the HR Leader, NBC Entertainment, and oversees three Directors, HR & Employee Relations.
- Provide daily HR support to Corporate clients and Studio Productions (e.g. Run-of-Show, episodic, pilots, Late Night programming), including heavy employee relations, compensation, staffing and recruitment, performance management, ad hoc reporting and compliance with HR policies and procedures for represented and non-represented staff.
- Provide coaching to employees & managers, offering feedback and advice on issues in a proactive and compassionate manner.
- Manage performance in partnership with Legal and Labor Relations.
- Drive the managing and delivering of key HR initiatives: Compensation, Talent Planning, and Performance Feedback.
- Work with management to develop and implement training strategies to meet employee needs, including supervisory training, and skill development. Works with NBCU Talent Development and/or selects consultants as necessary to provide programs and facilitation.
- Responsible for implementing training curriculum for new managers and top-performers.
- Assist in identifying and strategically analyzing organizational development opportunities to ensure departments are set up to operate efficiently and effectively.
- Continually monitor and stay abreast of company policies and procedures, and manage overall HR communication plan within NBC Entertainment.
- Develop retention strategies and monitor attrition for assigned groups.
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum 10 years relevant HR experience, preferably as a manager, generalist or employee relations specialist.
- Eligibility Requirements
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (Note: job #34275BR)
- Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Some travel required
- Creative problem solver with a passion for Human Resources and Employee Relations
- Highly collaborative, and comfortable working with HR and Legal partners within a matrix environment
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and critical thinking skills
- Strong knowledge of California, New York and Federal employment practices, policies, legal & EEOC guidelines, as well as compensation, wage and hour, benefits administration
- Excellent leadership, problem solving, project management, and presentation skills
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of employees, managers and executives
- Strong persuasion and conflict resolution skills
- Detail-oriented and organized, with excellent follow-through and analytical skills
- Ability to execute both strategic and tactical priorities
- Solid written and verbal communication skills a must, including the ability to interface with others inside and outside of the company in a positive and professional manner
- Able to work independently with the ability to juggle priorities and manage time to effectively meet deadlines
- Media/Broadcast/Cable/Production experience preferred
- Ability to and be comfortable working in both a corporate environment as well as a production environment
- Sense of humor appreciated, quick thinking and approachable nature needed
- Ability to work in a diverse, and fast paced environment