In order for us to take your application into consideration, you MUST be fluent in English AND Spanish and live in one of the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming..
Amazon’s Virtual United States Shipping and Delivery Support
Amazon is seeking articulate, strategic applicants with a desire to work directly with customers and drivers to make sure packages are delivered on time. Shipping and Delivery Support (SDS) is the heart of transportation across the Amazon Supply Chain network, supporting multiple regions such as US, CA, MX, UK, India, and many countries within EU. It ensures hassle-free, timely pick-up and delivery of freight from vendors to Amazon Fulfillment Centers (FC), carrier hubs, and customers. The SDS agent exemplifies the Amazon Customer Service goal to be Earth’s most customer-centric company by solving driver and customer problems appearing throughout all delivery experiences. This unique role handles customer and driver contacts through different communication channels including phone, email, and chat. Demonstrated ownership, customer obsession, and concise oral and writing skills are crucial requirements for this role.
Scope of an SDS Agent
An SDS agent provides support to drivers on-road and customers receiving shipments handled by Amazon Logistics by researching and troubleshooting with internal tools. A successful candidate will be an excellent communicator and influencer with the ability to help our drivers exceed delivery expectations in a timely manner and handle customer inquiries with great accuracy. An SDS agent also facilitates the flow of information between different internal and external customers (Delivery Associates/Delivery Service Providers/Station Managers/Customer Service Associates/Amazon Logistic Customers) and quickly resolves any potential issues that may impact driver and customer delivery experience. Overall, SDS plays a critical role in ensuring the smooth functioning of Amazon Logistics transportation and thereby has a direct impact on Amazon’s ability to serve its customers on time.
Associates utilize Amazon-provided laptops and headsets to manage their work, including scheduling shifts and taking customer contacts. Associates are measured on schedule adherence, contact quality, efficiency, and process compliance. Associates are required to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, as daily work is managed via phone, email, and/or chat.
Except as otherwise required by law, this role pays $10.00 + $1.50 language premium per hour. The role includes paid training, bonus opportunity, and dedicated resources to support your ongoing growth and development.
Being able to work an assigned schedule that falls within our operating hours is required and expected. Available shifts may include days, afternoons and evenings. Typically, they include one or both weekend days and schedules may change throughout the duration of your employment. There may be at times mandatory overtime, based on business needs. Associates may work up to, but no more than 60 hours a week.
Working hours for all staff increase substantially during our peak season (Thanksgiving through mid-January). In order to support our customers, vacation requests are not granted during our peak season unless otherwise required by law. You may also be required to work on any/all major holidays.
• In order to be considered for this position candidates MUST be fluent in English AND Spanishand live in one of the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.
• Ability to support a flexible working schedule every three weeks to meet business needs.
• You must provide a home work area that is free of any and all distractions. You must be able to devote your full undivided attention to the Amazon customer.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Your home address must be in one of the states we are currently hiring. Any applicants with home addresses outside of hiring states will not be considered.
• Fluent English language proficiency required.
• Demonstrates effective, clear and professional written and oral communication and attention to detail.
• Customer service oriented.
• Enthusiasm and strong self-motivation.
• Ability to embrace constant change with flexibility and good grace.
• Demonstrate appropriate sense of urgency and adaptability in response to changing business needs.
• Demonstrates effective communication, composure, empathy, and a positive professional attitude.
• Exemplary performance record, particularly with regard to quality & productivity.
• Technical (Computers & Internet): MS Office applications specifically Excel, familiarity with web browsers, and demonstrated capability to work with tailored in-house applications.
• Good knowledge of working over internet and an ability to successfully navigate websites.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team in a very dynamic environment.
• Schedule Flexibility is a must. Virtual Customer Service is open 24 hours and day and 7 days a week.
• Must be willing to support any schedule during our DAY, NIGHT, or MIXED hours shifts.
• Understand and accept schedule changes due to Daylight Savings.
• Capability to complete I-9 work authorization paperwork in person (requiring you to drive to a location Amazon provides you in the pre-hire process).
• Customer Focus- Ability to approach problems logically and with good judgment to ensure the appropriate customer outcome.
• Ability to empathize with and prioritize customer needs.
• At least 3 months of customer service experience.
• Bachelor’s degree – Preferably in Engineering, Logistics/Supply Chain, or Business Administration.
• Customer Focus.
• Ability to empathize with and prioritize customer needs.
• Uphold company values and respect every customer.
• Exude patience and ownership with each customer.
• Ability to resolve conflicts and set appropriate expectations with customers.
• Ability to determine customer needs and provide appropriate solutions.
• A minimum of 10 mbps download and 5 mbps upload speed from a reliable internet provider (Cable, DSL or Fiber Optic/FiOS providers only).
• Must be directly connected to router/modem via Ethernet cable.
• You are encouraged to use an external monitor (with appropriate cables), wired USB keyboard, and wired USB mouse, but they are not required or provided.
• You will be shipped an Amazon-owned laptop, headset, and Ethernet adaptor, and two security tokens to the address provided in your application.
• When applying, please be sure to verify that your mailing address in our system is an address where you can receive equipment to ensure that there are no delays in receiving your equipment. Make sure you add the apartment number (if any). PO Boxes are not supported and we must have a physical address for you to receive your equipment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.