Lead strategic and tactical price plan development and implementation at the enterprise level to deliver upon annual subscriber and revenue objectives. Through an integrated perspective of strategy, organization, operations and analysis, the position will formulate and manage highly visible price plan development and implementation that will deliver upon our customer acquisition strategy and achieve customer acquisition, revenue growth, and profitability goals.
This position is viewed as a key integrator of marketing, financial and operational objectives, and will ensure that pricing strategies are integrated across multiple segments, products, channels and geographies. This position will require regular interactions with Senior Leaders, providing counsel on pricing strategies and developing tactics necessary to drive superior business results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Develop and manage pricing strategies from inception through implementation.
Forms hypotheses and synthesizes fact-based conclusions into recommendations including preparing and delivering comprehensive business cases to executive management.
Leads the effort to align cross functional input in designing offerings and tactics.
Leverages competitive intelligence and consumer preference insights to design price plans that establish competitive advantage.
Facilitates partnership with Finance on take rate estimates and profitability impact analysis at the enterprise level. This includes maximizing profitability of pricing offers.
Ensures all pricing offers, tactics, and messaging are consistent and integrated with overall marketing and channel strategies; develop offer analysis and sensitivity models to derive the implications on acquisition strategy, marketing activities and operational processes.
Demonstrates strong leadership and significant influence management skills to gain credibility with and drive decision-making from senior leadership and stakeholders across the enterprise.
In addition to the strategic aspect of the role, this position will have tactical, day-to-day operational and implementation responsibilities which includes an array of activities from resolving system or billing issues, supporting pricing enhancements and adjustments, providing offer support for local/grass roots events including sponsorships, driving key analytical efforts, enhancing the integration with other marketing/operational teams, and improving the reporting and measurement of operational effectiveness.
Content SME and business owner in the creation and enhancement of marketing materials and collateral to support pricing execution to educate and inform customers.
Acts as the focal point in coordinating pricing input to the Brand and Marketing organizations.
- Minimum 7-10 years experience, with 5 yrs specific promotions or pricing experience, financial/statistical modeling and forecasting, business case development; wireless industry experience is highly preferred.
- Bachelor's in Marketing or Business is required. MBA or graduate level degree in a related field is preferred.
- Strong creative, analytical, and project planning skills are required.
- Significant experience leading cross-functional development teams and large-scale initiatives; ability to lead cross-functional teams while handling multiple projects simultaneously is required.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including experience making presentations to senior management;
- Solid negotiation and meeting facilitation skills; significant experience working with and leading diverse teams of individuals at varying levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated leadership where team members are not direct reports.
- Ability to be an influencer who can set and/or implement strategy and a course of action.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc)
- Ability to successfully lead across organizational boundaries, including strong relationship management skills.
- Demonstrated analytical capabilities in the areas of response sensitivity analysis, price elasticity, and financial modeling.
- Ability to take data and turn it into insights, then take insights and turn them into a business plan
- Ability to leverage quantitative and qualitative research to generate consumer insights.
- Strong team orientation with ability to provide peer coaching.
- Proven project management skills.
- Strong business acumen with emphasis in marketing.
- Demonstrated solutions based orientation leading to development of effective action plans.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including presentations to small and large groups and senior leaders.
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.