Would you like to help accelerate cloud computing adoption at the Enterprise level? Would you like to be part of a team focused on helping increase awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services (AWS) by facilitating relationships with US state and local government and education public sector organizations who are reinventing their IT strategy with AWS cloud computing? Do you have the business savvy, public sector industry experience, and the technical background necessary to help further establish Amazon as a leading cloud platform provider?
As a Bid and Proposal Support Manager for the AWS SLG/EDU Public Sector team, you support the effort to deliver game-changing solutions to the US state, local, and education customers. You have the exciting opportunity to support strategies to build mindshare and broad use of Amazon’s utility computing web services (Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon SimpleDB, Amazon RDS, etc). Your responsibilities include working with members of the AWS SLG/EDU Sales and Marketing teams to develop winning, innovative proposals including written responses for RFIs/RFTs/RFPs (RFx); oral presentations and demonstrations; and unsolicited documents and white papers.
The ideal candidate possesses demonstrable proposal management and technical writing experience and the B&P process development necessary to effectively support a high growth business. The candidate has industry background that enables them to develop win themes and technical discriminators for inclusion into proposals, a contracts background that enables them to easily interact with legal staff, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with technical leaders, software developers, and solutions architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about the mission, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to help build and convey compelling value propositions in a written context. The candidate should be familiar with US public sector acquisition guidelines, have supported public sector pursuits, and be experienced with general US government proposal compliance requirements.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Serve as a member of the AWS SLG/EDU Public Sector team supporting proposal responses to RFx opportunities.
· Execute the RFx proposal response plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. capture, marketing teams, service teams, legal, support, compliance, finance, etc.).
· Develop win themes, technical discriminators, and innovative pricing strategies working with AWS stakeholders specific to Fed/Civ RFx opportunities.
· Contribute to RFP response requirements and ensure proposal compliance, and act as the primary interface for RFx response efforts.
· Provide input to a library of approved proposal content for quick-turnaround opportunities.
· Understand and navigate US SLG/EDU public sector contracting vehicles and tender procedures.
· Be a thought leader with preparing/developing proposal responses, win themes, technical discriminators, pricing, etc.
· BS/BA Degree
· 3+ years of proposal management experience
· Advanced degree.
· Ability to develop appropriate thematic graphics using standard desktop tools.
· Customer-focused and self-motivated with a great sense of urgency and follow-through.
· Must have a good understanding of public sector procurement and contract vehicles.
· Excellent communicator who can quickly earn the respect of the team and customers.
· Must have the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
· Acts in accordance with vision, mission, and established goals.
· Candidate will have excellent writing skills, be both technical and analytical, and possess substantial experience supporting proposal responses to RFx opportunities.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.