Would you like to build and lead a Specialized Sales team focused on accelerating adoption of AWS Database, Analytics, and Machine Learning services? Do you have the business savvy, technical background, and sales leadership skills necessary to help position Amazon as the cloud provider of choice for these workloads?
AWS is seeking a seasoned Specialized Sales Manager to help us maintain our leadership position as the preferred cloud platform for database, analytics, and machine learning. The role has a specific focus on AWS services such as Amazon Aurora, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Redshift, and Amazon SageMaker. The Specialized Sales Team is critical to driving deeper workload specialization in alignment with our Account Managers with a goal to build a unified and cohesive community of delighted database, analytics, and machine learning customers powering their business with AWS. The leader of this team will be in charge of hiring and developing a Specialized Sales Team within the United States and Canada. She/he will be an integral part of the Americas leadership team and a key member of the worldwide database, analytics, and making leaning organization.
The ideal candidate will have experience with cloud-related activities such as data center migrations, database management systems, infrastructure optimization/modernization and earning customer trust by helping to create a long-term strategy with the customer as part of their AWS partnership. She/he will be a self-starter, and will be willing operate both tactically and strategically. As key team member in this fast growing, exciting space, this leader will have the opportunity to help drive the growth and shape the future of a service category with significant impact on our customers’ business. Responsibilities will include building and managing a sales team focused on driving revenue, adoption, and market penetration in a large territory across multiple time zones. The ideal candidate will possess a sales background with a strong track record of performance and customer obsession to lead a team of remote senior Specialized Sellers with engagements at the CxO level, manage a regional sales pipeline, and lead sales efforts that. She/he will engage with our internal sales, solutions architects, partners and professional services organizations to drive large and highly complex opportunities to closure. She/he will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions while working cross-organizationally to build consensus.
· 7-10 years of technology related sales or business development experience with quota accountability.
· Minimum of 5 years tech sales management experience.
· Experience selling database, analytics, and machine learning technologies.
· BA/BS degree. A technical background in engineering, computer science, or MIS a plus.
· Proven track record of success driving adoption of disruptive technologies within enterprise accounts
· Experience with database migrations
· Ability to develop and execute strategic plans
· Exceptional communication and presentation skills
· Experience supporting a complex technical sales or specialist sales organization
· Candidates must understand concepts related to pipeline velocity, opportunity structure, key milestones, and coaching the sales process.
· Strong process and operational management skills - ability to drive scale, consistency and efficiency through the disciplined use of systems and processes.
· Expertise in improving technology relationships and scalability via partners and ISV’s where appropriate.
· Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.