WMAQ (NBC) and WSNS (Telemundo) are looking for a driven and results-oriented sales professional to lead and manage local digital sales efforts to achieve and exceed digital revenue targets. The Digital Sales Director will report to the Vice President of Sales.
- Manage, develop, oversee, WMAQ (NBC) and WSNS (Telemundo) website and mobile platform revenue
- Directly and indirectly manage and motivate WMAQ and WSNS Account Executives to achieve digital revenue target
- Develop and drive digital sales and marketing strategies for traditional and non-traditional agencies, as well as for programmatic sales and for TV Everywhere initiatives.
- Develop sales and marketing strategies and materials for digital, video and mobile sales, including strategic partnerships.
- Identify and assess sales opportunities and apply resources and strategies appropriately to maximize sales revenue.
- Continuous education of sales teams on the most current digital, mobile, video and engagement landscape and offerings.
- Collaborate and articulate weekly revenue projections to key sales leaders including President & GM of the stations, VP of Sales, VP of Finance and senior executive team.
- Work closely with television sales and sales management, as well as with other inter-company divisions on cross-platform initiatives and pitches.
- Interpret and present qualitative and quantitative market research/data to senior management, station sales staff and sales clients.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in media sales field
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant sales experience
- Demonstrated strong domain level expertise within the digital media space, including mobile
- Proven history of selling thorough and consultative solutions to top brands and agencies
- Must be able to travel
- Willing and able to work past normal office hours and weekends with short notice when necessary
- Must have a valid driver’s license
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered a candidate for this position
- Must be willing to work in Chicago, IL
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience working in large traditional media organizations and possess a deep client rolodex
- Experience managing a direct team, a plus
- Exceptional communications skills; written and verbal
- Exceptional presentation skills from creation to delivery
- Ability to aggressively manage the successful execution of planned sales strategies
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Understanding of online ad serving and 3rd party research skills such as ComScore, Omniture, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of industry trends, technologies, and pricing models
- Excellent knowledge of ad campaign metrics and analysis
- Strong ability to collaborate and coordinate
- Professional maturity, integrity, discipline and a positive attitude
- Strong skills working with Excel, PowerPoint, and Salesforce.com
- Bilingual - written and spoken language proficiency in English and Spanish, a plus