The Sr Business Analyst - HR Systems is responsible for the analysis, documentation, and verification of system requirements for projects involving HR functions, HR Systems, and/or HR data. Bridges the gap between technology providers and business owners to support the delivery of business and technology solutions throughout the project lifecycle. Functions as a track lead on large technology project. May lead small functional projects. Ensures that technology solutions meet the needs of the business.
The role is responsible for the functional support of HR systems applications and processes. This role requires a combination of business acumen, technical expertise and foundational knowledge of project management. Experience with SAP and/or Successfactors is highly desired.
Other Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Based on analysis and interpretation of technology/applications, provides technical consultation and recommendations to business owners to ensure the development and implementation of quality HR systems and software throughout the project life cycle
- Collaborates with business to design high caliber systems and processes.
- Leads requirements gathering using appropriate facilitation techniques, including interviews, requirements workshops, and surveys.
- Develops and maintains process mapping and documentation throughout system lifecycle.
- Manage user expectations and requirements scope
- Develops detailed functional and technical specifications required to satisfy business requirements for programs, projects, and releases.
- Leads the development and management of the requirements traceability process from requirements through testing with appropriate gap analysis to ensure requirements meet the needs of the business.
- May lead system and/or user acceptance testing for large cross-functional projects.
- Identifies relevant test scenarios, develops test scripts and test cases based upon requirements and other documentation, coordinates test resources, and ensures all test results correspond to the business expectations.
- Reviews test results and provides recommendations on "go / no go" decisions.
- Manages the development of training materials, demos, and participate in facilitating training sessions as needed.
- Provides leadership and coordination on projects assigned to business analysts.
- Analyzes impact of proposed solutions on existing technology platforms/infrastructure as well as processes.
- Provides input to the development of formal business cases, when applicable.
- May lead or assists other projects as a team member, ensuring research, testing, documentation, and successful implementations of said projects.
- Develops and/or maintains user documentation and departmental policies and procedures that impact the use of HR systems.
- Acts as a liaison between business users and technology resources.
- Performs analysis and makes recommendations in areas that require a high level of technical competency.
- Document system configuration and interface requirements.
- Acts as functional expert for HR systems.
- Assumes greater leadership role utilizing broader knowledge and high level technical skills.
- Provide support for HR Systems including, but not limited to, researching and resolving system issues, performing scheduled maintenance activities, recommending solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements.
- Researches and identifies root causes and resolutions for system issues.
- Write, maintain and support a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools.
- Maintains data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data.
- Continues to develop professional skills and business acumen in HR, HR systems, and the wireless industry.
- Bachelor's Degree is required.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in HRIS, systems analysis, software development, and/or software implementation is required.
- Working knowledge in SAP, Taleo, Successfactors, Talent Builder highly desired.
- Working knowledge of PMI project management principles (project phases, RACI charts, project charters, etc.)
- Prior experience implementing HR systems such as Talent Management, Applicant Tracking, LMS , and HCM is a plus.
- Must have a proven record of strong customer service focus and excellent communication skills, including facilitation and presentations.
- Ability to analyze complex problems, interpret operational needs, and develop integrated, creative solutions
- Able to proficiently analyze and document customer requirements of varying complexity.
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines, performing with a high degree of accuracy in a fast paced environment, handling constantly changing priorities, and dealing well with conflict
- Must be comfortable working in ambiguous situations
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to identify potential issues and discrepancies, and offer recommended resolutions.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues by creating mutually agreeable approaches and decisions to implement innovative solutions.
- Proficiency in communicating with both business and technical resources.
- Demonstrated ability to manage work load and work schedule to meet project deadlines
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite and Visio.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Access.
- Proficiency in SQL.
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.