SiriusXM's Talent Acquisition team is looking for a Recruiter to come on board and provide expertise in the recruitment, attraction, and hiring of high quality talent for SiriusXM. In this role, the Recruiter will work on full life cycle recruiting with focus on the internship program as well as other positions within Entertainment & Sports Programming, Marketing, Finance and IT. Reporting to the Director, Talent Acquisition, the Recruiter will build a pipeline of qualified candidates to consider for positions across all areas and levels of the organization. The ideal candidate will have a background in recruiting within a corporate environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit interns for all internship hiring cycles.
- Partner with all levels of management to gain a strong understanding of business requirements in order to source, screen and assess top candidates for Programming, Marketing, Finance and IT.
- Actively update and maintain accurate information within the company's Applicant Tracking System and keep candidates informed of their status.
- Develop and manage a large candidate pipeline through a variety of creative sourcing techniques including: social media; cold-calling; advertising; database and organizational affiliations.
- Utilize the most efficient and effective recruiting methods based on the job location, profile and qualifications required for various positions.
- Assist with the creation and/or maintenance of all intern related materials as well as on-boarding and off-boarding procedures.
- Effectively manage executive and internal referrals for internship opportunities.
- Participate in college information sessions, office/studio tours and attend career fairs throughout the region.
- Keep up-to-date with new recruiting methods; assist in developing consistent corporate recruiting strategy.
- Work as a key member in supporting the company's diversity initiatives with a focus on networking and talent acquisition. This position will also assist with other talent acquisition initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with employment laws, fair employment practices, and compliance with the company's Affirmative Action Plans and FCC EEO reporting.
- Assist with recruiting operations, stepping in as needed to support background checks, requisition routing and temporary/contingent workforce monitoring.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent, relevant experience.
- 3+ years of full cycle recruiting experience or an equivalent combination of corporate recruiting / staffing agency experience.
- Knowledge of federal/state laws regarding employment and the ability to counsel hiring managers on the hiring process and laws associated with hiring.
- Experience in fostering relationships with universities to attract diverse talent is a plus.
- Experience recruiting within the media industry is a plus.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Ability to market the company to prospective candidates.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to follow-up, communicate effectively and work with all levels of management.
- Demonstrated ability to execute recruiting strategy.
- Must have proven success in a high-volume recruitment environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work effectively with staff at all levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and organize large volumes of data and information.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through projects to completion.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Thorough understanding of Internet and related candidate sourcing tools (including advanced search engines and databases) and social media.
- Demonstrated experience and strong proficiency with an applicant tracking system.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.