Contributor in the planning, design, engineering, development, implementation, and troubleshooting infrastructure technologies on the customer-servicing network. Provide application development services around specific assigned technologies. Supports deployment of customer-servicing projects. Interfaces with vendors for support of applications and technologies. Analyzes, integrates and maintains new or existing application components. Documents procedures for business network operations. Provide operational support of assigned technologies for the position.
• Identify changes needed in the customer-servicing infrastructure configuration to achieve the technology organization goals
• Contribute to the definition of requirements in support of budget plans and make recommendations for ways to improve performance and reduce costs. Develop business cases that support changes to network and system infrastructure.
• Enable the customer-servicing infrastructure strategy reviews and development by performing applicable analysis.
• Provide technical support to customer-servicing infrastructure implementation projects; implements infrastructure changes.
• Analyze network & system response and determine tuning recommendations to improve performance.
• Develop network and system performance tools and integrate them into the existing infrastructure.
• Interface with the vendors’ senior technical staff/management on critical/escalated network and system related outages; Research current industry technology to better facilitate vendor and partner communications
• Provide triage support to facilitate effective issue identification and resolution process; resource for customer-servicing infrastructure-related issue / crisis resolution. Actively maintains network infrastructure to expedite the resolution process
• Perform advanced tier troubleshooting of 24x7 applications, including off-hour maintenance activities, problem resolution, and participation in rotational on-call support.
• Develop full suite of documentation as it relates to specific assigned technologies; ensure communication of process and procedure changes to key stakeholders.
• Design an effective test plan for any new / changed customer-servicing infrastructure.
• Collaborate with partner organizations/departments to architect network or system solutions for our customer-servicing infrastructure
• Provides input to development of standards, policies and procedures in subject matter area.
• Support identification and collection of metrics and performance reporting processes; I.e. Key Performance Indicators, SLA’s and infrastructure standards.
• Identify process improvement areas and develop the improvement initiatives.
• Participates in, and encourages a knowledge-sharing environment both within, and outside the department; actively mentors other engineering staff; develop and deliver cross-training activities
• Develop and maintain knowledge of internal network infrastructure, operations, and devices; progress to a subject matter expert for relevant technologies.
• Maintain relationships with the customers, associates, and vendors to proactively identify needed changes.
• Establish working relationships with technical, business and sourcing counterparts.
• Initiate and participate in process improvement initiatives.
• Assemble cross-functional workgroups of key stakeholders to provide direction for various platforms
• Actively participates in industry/vendor forums to guide product development activities.
THE PRECEDING JOB DESCRIPTION INDICATES THE GENERAL NATURE AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF WORK PERFORMED. IT DOES NOT CONTAIN A COMPREHENSIVE INVENTORY OF ALL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED TO DO THIS JOB.
• Bachelor’s degree in related technical / business area required
• Minimum 5 years, post- baccalaureate related work experience or a master’s degree and 3 years’ experience
• Understanding of the relevant technologies
• Understanding of the business and industry
• Experience re-engineering / process improvement
• Strong change management skills; change agent.
• Strong experience running cross-functional project teams.
• Excellent problem solving / analytical skills and knowledge of analytical tools
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent presentation skills demonstrated in front of large audiences.
• Ability to create / define metrics that accurately reflect the current state of a given process or operation
• Certification(s) in relevant field of expertise is preferred.
• Experience supporting mission-critical infrastructure in a fast-paced environment
• Cognos and/or Tableau experience is strongly preferred.
Business Applications: Netcool, InfoVista VIN/VIS, IBM Prospect, NetScout, Lucent NTP, SevOne, Optima, Truecall, ASCOM, EXFO, WNG, Netflow Tracker, Stateseeker; Development Environments: Interpretive and compiled languages, Shell scripting, DB structures, .NET, SQL, XML/UML, Watchmark/Prospect, InfoVista, Passwerks, TTI/Netrac, HP NNM, CyberArk; Office Automation: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook; Planning & Design: Microsoft Project, Visio; Software Engineering: Visual Studio, Cisco Works, Cisco WAN Manager, SQL Navigator, Oracle, MySQL, Sniffer; O/S & Network: OSI model, Lucent switching, Nortel switching, TCP/IP, UDP, SNMP, Linux/HP UNIX/Solaris; Standards & Methodology: S/W Engineering model, FCAPS