Shopbop.com is looking for a talented Hair and Makeup Artist to create looks for daily e-commerce shoots for our photo studio based in Madison, WI. This role would suit a hair and makeup professional looking for a set schedule, outstanding benefits, and the opportunity to work with an extremely talented creative group.
· Take direction from Styling Managers in the form of descriptions or tear sheets
· Create looks that align with the Shopbop aesthetic across a variety of models and outfits
· Develop and document hair and makeup standards that can be regularly used on model pool
· Maintain a positive, welcoming environment for our changing and diverse talent
· Mentor freelance hair and makeup artists to ensure desired results are achieved
· 3+ years of experience doing hair and makeup professionally, preferably in a fashion-related photo or video shoot environment/studio
· Ability to communicate effectively and collaborate with other team members
· Ability to deal with ambiguity and respond to change with a positive attitude
· Exceptional work ethic and attention to detail
· An understanding of how to style in a fast-paced, fashion-driven setting with a variety of models
· Knowledge of contemporary and designer brands
· Cosmetology license
· Basic computer skills
About Shopbop | East Dane
Shopbop is the global online retail destination for style inspiration and discovery, offering women all over the world a comprehensive, hand-picked selection of ready-to-wear apparel and accessories from over 1,000 established and emerging designers. Shopbop debuts new arrivals, compelling editorial content and styling guidance daily. Launched in 2013, brother site East Dane, a division of BOP LLC, is the international online menswear resource featuring an unmatched selection from leading and up-and-coming labels as well as engaging editorials and a seamless shopping experience. Shopbop | East Dane provides world-class customer service, fast, free global shipping worldwide and free returns in the U.S. and Canada.
Shopbop | East Dane is at the intersection of ecommerce, fashion and technology. We promote a collaborative culture, as our teams cooperate across departments within Shopbop | East Dane and Amazon to continually innovate in an effort to better serve our global customer. You’ll work with big thinkers on projects that leave a mark on our organization, as well as on the broader technology, retail and fashion teams. Shopbop | East Dane is at the cutting edge of e-commerce, and we are driven to be the daily destination inspiring fashion worldwide, merging a comprehensive brand list and strong editorial perspective with an easy-to-shop, sure-to-delight user experience.
Acquired in 2006, BOP LLC is a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., the world’s largest online retailer. Offering an enhanced customer experience, Shopbop | East Dane is a globally recognized and trusted fashion retailer that sells only quality, authentic contemporary and designer merchandise.
Shopbop | East Dane is an equal opportunity employer.
Shopbop, a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon, is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.