At AWS we are changing the future of IT. As part of the AWS Public Sector Partners team you, the Technical Delivery Manager, will be helping our customers arrive in that future. You will work within the team and apply your technical and program management expertise to some of the most complex and challenging technology problems today. You will assist with estimating overall scope of work, identify appropriate resources, set goals, track and report progress, develop schedules, and communicate directly with customers. You will also assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide critical issue management, balance trade-offs, and encourage risk-taking to improve customer outcomes.
We value critical thinking, self-motivation, and the ability to deal with ambiguity. You will be managing delivery engagements that will be led by our customers and partners ensuring successful delivery though all phases of the implementation life cycle. You will work closely with multiple AWS teams to ensure the enablement of the environments are smoothly executed. You will work across customer organizations, AWS partners and multiple AWS teams to ensure customers’ infrastructure and applications are well designed and scale to the needs of their business.
Roles and Responsibilities: You will have the opportunity to work closely with sales, solutions architecture, software development and service teams as well as customers. You will collaborate with the product teams to deliver the best solutions with efficient use of resources and technologies. You will work with all stakeholders to scope work, identify appropriate resources, set goals, track and report progress, develop schedules, and communicate to customers. You will also assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide critical issue management, balance trade-offs, and encourage risk-taking to maximize business value.
You must possess customer facing skills that enable you to represent AWS well within a customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding program delivery, technology, best practices, and risk management. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges as you assist our customers take advantage of the efficiencies, cost savings and quick innovation available in the AWS cloud.
This position will require the candidate to:
· Demonstrate excellent customer service skills through all levels of communication.
· Maintain an in-depth knowledge and understanding of existing and developing technologies as it relates to cloud computing, while understanding and identifying opportunities for customers.
· Create and articulate compelling value propositions around AWS products and services.
· Accelerate customer adoption through education and engagement.
· Assist customer in identifying use cases for priority adoption of AWS as well as best practices implementations.
· Assist in developing long-term strategic relationships with key accounts.
· Manage time efficiently, meet personal goals, and work effectively with other members of the sales and marketing team.
· 5+ years leading complex IT/technical/engineering programs.
· Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math (“STEM” majors) or equivalent experience (Computer Science preferred).
· Direct experience implementing AWS/cloud services.
· Experience in proactively growing customer relationships within an account while expanding their understanding of the customer’s business.
· Ability to translate customer business challenges and priorities into technology solutions.
· Knowledge of key technology trends impacting enterprises – IoT, Big Data, Mobile, and AI.
· Ability and interest in traveling a minimum of 50% (There will be travel to different states and with overnight stays)
· Public Sector knowledge and experience.
· PMP certified
· Salesforce experience (Reports and CRM).
· Technical experience and a solid understanding of cloud computing.
· AWS Technical Certifications.
· Demonstrated ability to deliver information at the C-suite/VP level.
· Demonstrated organizational and troubleshooting skills with attention to detail.
· Self-motivated problem solver with the ability to thrive in a dynamic and customer-focused environment.
· Strong writing skills with the ability to draft client ready documents, email and internal reports.
· Deep understanding of software development/engineering lifecycle from conception to delivery.
· Prior experience working with or managing large technical programs, particularly at global companies
· Familiarity with agile software development practices to include dev/ops and CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery) as well as associated technologies (serverless computing, microservices, containerization).
· Understanding of compliance requirements of highly regulated customers in the public sector to include system accreditation frameworks which leverage the NIST guidelines. In addition, a working knowledge of FedRAMP,FISMA and DISA SRG
· Strong organizational and troubleshooting skills with precise attention to detail.
· Demonstrated ability to maintain composure in stressful situations, responds to customer needs quickly and effectively, adapts to change.
· Highly analytical, technically proficient, and able to learn new tools and software quickly.
· Active listening skills; demonstrated ability to ask effective questions.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.