UnidosUS, previously known as NCLR (National Council of La Raza), is the nation’s largest
Hispanic civil rights and advocacy organization. Through its unique combination of expert
research, advocacy, programs, and an Affiliate Network of nearly 300 community-based
organizations across the United States and Puerto Rico, UnidosUS simultaneously challenges
the social, economic, and political barriers at the national and local levels. For almost 50 years,
UnidosUS has united communities and different groups seeking common ground through
collaboration, and that share a desire to make our country stronger. For more information on
UnidosUS, visit www.unidosus.org or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
UnidosUS is currently seeking an energetic and knowledgeable Human Resources Manager &
Recruiter to play an essential role in the daily functioning of HR, with a particular focus on
recruitment. The successful candidate will need a strong holistic background in recruiting and
offering guidance to hiring managers, as well as all HR functions including, but not limited to,
benefits, policies/procedures, HR/facilities processes, payroll, leave management, performance
management, and overall HR best practices. While recruitment will be the primary focus, you
will be a proficient multitasker able to lend a hand in the day-to-day operations of the HR team
and building facilities. This is an exciting opportunity to work for the leading Latino policy and
advocacy organization comprised of talented mission-driven individuals.
The recruiter will be responsible for full lifecycle recruiting across multiple locations. You will be
an advisor to hiring managers on all aspects of the talent acquisition process including
recruitment and sourcing strategies, interviewing, candidate selection, reference checks, and
offer presentations. As a Recruiter, your primary responsibilities include:
UnidosUS | 2
• Drive and manage full lifecycle recruitment process including but not limited to, creating job postings, sourcing, screening, reference checking, presenting job offers, and managing back-office applicant tracking.
• Partner with hiring managers to identify effective sourcing strategies with the objective of presenting three to five qualified candidates for each opening.
• Initiate a variety of search techniques (internet, social networking, personal networking, etc.) to identify passive candidates. • Learn and train the HR team on the ADP Workforce Now applicant tracking system.
• Manage all candidate activity through ADP’s Workforce Now applicant tracking system.
• Report weekly on candidate activity for management transparency.
• Ensure hiring manager adherence to all hiring processes.
• Identify/clarify hiring specifications, ensure accurate and detailed job descriptions, and develop compelling job postings to attract candidates.
• Ensure data integrity is accurately maintained by creating and reviewing various standard and/or tailored HR reports on a regular basis.
• Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws. HR Manager Function The small but mighty HR team has cross-trained on all aspects of the HR function. While each team member takes the lead in specific areas, the team as a whole plays a role in the day-to-day management of HR, facilities, and security.
• Assist in leadership development and employee training.
• Share day-to-day HR operations responsibilities with other team members.
• Support enhancing employee development.
• Respond to employee benefits questions from both active and previous employees.
• Respond to requests for information for grants, facility and conference room needs, etc.
• Ensure payroll is processed on a bi-weekly basis, making necessary edits for each pay period.
• Assist with new employee onboarding process, as needed.
• Play an active role in benefits open enrollment.
• Prepare and evaluate reports, decisions and results of component initiatives in relation to established HR plan goals.
• Support the field offices, as needed.
• Keep Workforce Now home page updated with applicable information and forms.
• Assist with HR-sponsored events.
• Lend a hand in managing the All Staff Meeting Committee.
• Participate in security matters by serving on the Emergency Response Team and assisting with issues.
• Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to affect continual improvements in efficiency of component and services performed. • Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws. • Other duties as assigned.
UnidosUS | 3
QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor’s degree in any substantive field is acceptable, preferably in human resources, business administration or a closely related discipline.
• Three to five years of recruiting experience with a minimum of two years of experience in a HR generalist/manager role. Mix of agency and nonprofit recruiting experience a plus.
• Proven success managing full lifecycle recruitment efforts for multiple and diverse hiring managers.
• PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP preferred.
• Excellent communication skills (listening, oral, and written).
• Superior multitasking skills, the ability to prioritize projects, and meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Acute attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
• Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software a must.
• Experience with ADP Workforce Now Systems a plus.
• Experience using an applicant tracking system as well as LinkedIn, Facebook, and other social recruiting platforms preferred.
• Excellent data management skills preferred, but not required.
• Previous payroll experience a plus.
• Familiarity with the U.S. Latino community, Latino nonprofit organizations, and the Latino market and consumer will be beneficial.
• Bilingual (Spanish-English) skills preferred, but not required.
SEND COVER LETTER AND RÉSUMÉ TO:
1126 16th St., NW, Suite 600
Washington, DC 20036
Subject Line: HR Manager & Recruiter
Attn: Loretta Rodríguez, Senior Director of Human Resources
No phone calls please!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, marital status, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, personal appearance, family responsibilities, political affiliation, or enrollment in a college, university, technical school, or adult education.