Do you like helping customers implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping groups understand application architectures and integration approaches, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch a project on a trajectory to success?
Are you familiar with security best practices for applications, servers, and networks? Do you want to be part of the business development team helping to establish Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a leading technology platform? Would you like to be part of a sales group, but have your opinion valued as a technical resource as part of planning and strategies?
Amazon Web Services is looking for a Solutions Architect to help accelerate our growing Higher Education and Education Technology (EDU/EdTech) business as part of the World Wide Public Sector practice. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s technical teams, and technical managers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
As a Solutions Architect within AWS, you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build broad use of Amazon's utility computing web services (e.g., AWS EC2, AWS S3, AWS RDS, and AWS CloudFront) directly with customers and our ecosystem of system integrators and solution providers. Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects; defining implementation architectures, responding to RFPs, developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform; and being a subject matter expert on security as it relates to customer applications and services.
As a Solutions Architect on our team, you will provide exceptional technical design and thought leadership to the WWPS markets for cloud computing working with a world class sales and business development team. You will lead efforts to capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solution architect community. You will gain the opportunity to learn from, collaborate with, and educate some of the brightest technical minds in the industry today across the breadth of enterprise architecture.
Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
· Minimum of 10 years enterprise IT experience that includes at least 2 years of hands-on software development, Operations, DevOps engineering, or systems architecture
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineer, Math or related field or equivalent experience
· Minimum of 4 months cloud computing experience using publicly available services
· Intermediate/advanced knowledge of the AWS services, market segments, customer base and industry verticals
· Prior experience in a technical role within a sales organization
· Understanding of application, server, and network security
· Experience working for a venture-funded technology startup company
· Demonstrated experience leading or developing high quality, enterprise scale software products using a structured system development lifecycle
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.