Shopbop, a subsidiary of Amazon, is looking for an IT Support Engineer to join our team in Madison, WI. As an IT Support Engineer, you will use software, hardware and networking skills to fix issues and make sure Shopbop can deliver thousands of packages world-wide every day. As part of Amazon, you will have access to world-class technology and resources.
The Fulfillment Center (FC) Operations team owns the network components, software and hardware used in our Fulfillment Centers. We make sure FC technology is up and running. The team provides hands-on support for client hardware, wireless handheld guns and software on Windows and Linux systems. You will also support networking and server resources in the FC. Regular activities include troubleshooting client operating systems, PC imaging and repair, supporting a variety of applications, printer troubleshooting and maintenance, network troubleshooting, project management, systems administration, telecom administration and hardware asset management.
Support Engineers must have an excellent understanding of computers (both hardware and software) and a demonstrated willingness to learn and apply new technology. They must possess superior technical aptitude, written and oral communications skills and the ability to deal effectively with people in a wide variety of situations; there is no job too big or too small for Shopbop Support Engineers. This position is part of a team based in Madison, WI supporting Shopbop’s technology needs in a warehouse environment. Previous experience exercising high levels of initiative, judgment, and diplomacy with minimal supervision is required.
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Ability to work weekends
· Expertise in one or more specialized areas of IT with a strong desire to grow and develop additional skills
· Proven skills in PC repair, troubleshooting, deployment and liquidation
· Proven knowledge of PC hardware, peripheral devices, cabling and drivers
· Understanding of networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, HTTP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP protocols and applications
· Proven ability to work successfully with limited supervision
· May require lifting or carrying desktop computers up to 25 pounds
· Some on call responsibilities are required
· Some exposure with Linux or Unix
· Ability to access all areas of the FC to service hardware (ascending stairs and gangways safely and without limitation)
· Flexibility with full-time schedule, including shift assignments on weekends/evenings
· Able to work on-call where you could be called in occasionally to work remotely by phone or potentially on-site at night, weekends or holidays
· Available to work from multiple locations in Madison, WI
· Associates or Bachelor’s degree in IT related field
· Industry certifications such as Microsoft MCSE, MCITP
· Linux systems administration skills / certification
· Experience with scripting, programming, or SQL
· Experience with project management
· Experience with Data Cabling and Wireless Network Technologies
· Experience with server administration (Windows or Linux
About Shopbop | East Dane
Shopbop is the global online retail destination for style inspiration and discovery, offering women all over the world a comprehensive, hand-picked selection of ready-to-wear apparel and accessories from over 1,000 established and emerging designers. Shopbop debuts new arrivals, compelling editorial content and styling guidance daily. Launched in 2013, brother site East Dane, a division of BOP LLC, is the international online menswear resource featuring an unmatched selection from leading and up-and-coming labels as well as engaging editorials and a seamless shopping experience. Shopbop | East Dane provides world-class customer service, fast, free global shipping worldwide and free returns in the U.S. and Canada.
Shopbop | East Dane is at the intersection of e-commerce, fashion and technology. We promote a collaborative culture, as our teams cooperate across departments within Shopbop | East Dane and Amazon to continually innovate in an effort to better serve our global customer. You’ll work with big thinkers on projects that leave a mark on our organization, as well as on the broader technology, retail and fashion teams. Shopbop | East Dane is at the cutting edge of e-commerce, and we are driven to be the daily destination inspiring fashion worldwide, merging a comprehensive brand list and strong editorial perspective with an easy-to-shop, sure-to-delight user experience.
Acquired in 2006, BOP LLC is a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., the world’s largest online retailer. Offering an enhanced customer experience, Shopbop | East Dane is a globally recognized and trusted fashion retailer that sells only quality, authentic contemporary and designer merchandise.
Shopbop | East Dane is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.