As Netflix expands its streaming video service across 190 countries, it continues to provide binge-loving fun to people all across the globe. The “birth of a new global Internet TV network” means more hot Netflix originals (like Orange is the New Black, Stranger Things, The Crown, and House of Cards) to attract new subscribers and build our brand. In order to drive Netflix's global growth, we continue to look for the best and brightest talent to scale with our growing company. Visit our culture deck and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
More Originals means more indirect tax related workflows. We are looking for a tax professional to assist our Tax team with Studios related sales and property tax responsibilities. This person will be a tax liaison with the Production Finance Team and will be in charge of building a workflow/system to handle our growing needs. This position will reside in the company’s Hollywood based office and interact cross-functionally with the Production Finance, IT, and Tax teams.
Qualities we’re looking for:
- Sales Tax & Property Tax Experience and Accounting smarts - We’d like you to have 5+ years’ experience with sales, use and property tax, as you will deal with these on day 1 and look for ways to optimize the workflows.
- You should have some sales tax experience managing taxes in multiple jurisdictions since our productions take place in several states.
- Relationship builder: Ability to cultivate strong cross-functional relationships and communicate effectively with team members and business partners.
- Enthusiasm and quick learning - Enthusiasm for designing and building new systems. We are looking for someone to learn the existing process, but then build/challenge it to better scale with the volume of our growth.
- Curiosity and passion - Our team members ask probing questions, challenge the status quo, make changes to improve processes, and have fun while doing it all; positive attitude and never settling for “good enough” are key.
- Industry experience in a studio environment a plus, but not essential to the position if you are enthusiastic about the position and eager to learn quickly.
- ERP systems experience - experience with Workday Financials or other cloud based ERP systems is a plus.
- Tax systems experience – experience with Vertex, Taxware, or OneSource systems is a plus.
- Communicating and partnering with the Production Finance team to obtain an understanding of the accounting used for the acquisition of show assets and services, as well as the eventual disposition of assets after a show is completed.
- Providing guidance and training to production accountants in the areas of sales, use, and property taxes.
- Driving operational process improvements in Sales & Use Tax, and Property Tax workflows as they relate to productions.
- Providing the Los Gatos Tax Team with necessary data to report sales, use and Property tax for Originals.
- Managing business license and Secretary of State filings for all Originals.
- System building: Work with IT teams to build links between Production Accounting systems, Vertex, and Workday to automate workflows for scale as Sales/Use Tax workflows grow.
- Manage state and local audits as they relate to Originals.