Join US Cellular’s finance team and accept the challenge to grow, contribute and impact the customer experience for millions of wireless customers across the U.S. We are an ambitious, fast-paced team responsible for accounting and operational functions at U.S. Cellular, a technology-based, publicly-traded company on the NYSE.
What's more, the Chicago Tribune just nominated US Cellular as a 2017 Top Employer. In fact, we placed 6 for large companies!
The Financial Lead Analyst may lead the creation of the revenue and product quarterly forecasts and annual budget. Under minimal supervision conduct and document complex financial analysis, technical analysis, and monthly variance analysis to determine present and future financial performance of the company. Possess and apply a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures to contribute to the development of company objectives and principles. This position is a seasoned, experienced professional who anticipates and independently resolves financial issues by taking ownership to achieve results. As such, the candidate will help identify plans that are both strategic and tactical to ensure the business achieves business revenue targets. This position requires a seasoned professional who can influence without direct authority and anticipate and resolve complex issues and questions.
May lead and support the analysis of the rate plan and product portfolios to optimize the competing priorities of customer acquisition and revenue growth while maintaining and growing profitability across all customer segments (post pay vs. pre pay and consumer vs. B2B). Through an integrated perspective of strategy, organization, operations, and proactive financial analysis, the candidate will manage margin analysis and identify financial opportunities to improve the organization's profitability.
As this position is viewed as a key integrator of marketing, financial, and operational data, this candidate will support the Manager to ensure that Pricing strategies and decisions are coherent and financially viable across multiple segments and channels. As such, the candidate will help identify plans that are both strategic and tactical to ensure excellence as continued business growth is pursued. This position requires a seasoned professional who can influence without direct authority and anticipate and resolve complex issues and questions.
- Assumes leadership duties when manager is unavailable or out of pocket (i.e. vacation, special projects, etcetera).
- Leads and completes high-complexity assignments that require aligning resources, completing research, developing new thinking/approaches and shaping strategic direction.
- Plays a leadership role in coordinating key processes such as the budget, forecast or critical analytical projects. This may include coordinating timelines and the rollup of assumptions from other analysts and business partners, training others on the process and models used, reviewing the work of others and owning the most complex aspects of the analytical work involved.
- Maintains critical business partner relationships, especially as it relates to more senior members of the leadership team.
- Designs new analytical reports and analyses to provide insight to business trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Reviews the work of others to ensure completeness/accuracy and to provide feedback.
- Collects, analyzes and presents financial information to business partners identifying risks and opportunities to aid the team in meeting their specific goals. Acts as a catalyst for change by driving results and playing a strong leadership role in finding solutions/adding value.
- Provides financial expertise by leading cross-functional teams, ensuring that projects are modeled appropriately and that financial ramifications are adequately considered.
- Collects appropriate data as necessary to prepare ad-hoc analysis as requested by management. The types and nature of these analyses will vary according to the needs of the business. These analyses are performed to provide decision support for management in evaluating the possible outcomes of various strategic and tactical decisions.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with members of the finance team and the business partners that we support. Seeks feedback and improves performance to ensure we are driving standards of excellence.
- Remains strategic in thought and provides a big-picture perspective on issues and potential solutions. Assignments include the most technically challenging analytics; requiring research or creation of new approaches.
- Assesses business results and consistently identifies, recommends and drives opportunities to create value.
- Assumes a lead role in team meetings. May be responsible for leading team meetings when manager is unavailable.
- Shares thoughts, perspectives, questions and concerns openly and honestly ensuring your voice is heard. Encourages others to engage in dialogue and to share their thoughts, perspectives, questions and concerns.
- Serves as a mentor by helping teammates see various perspectives, working through issues, finding positive responses to change and demonstrating open communication. Provides leadership to co-team members on key projects.
- Passionately exhibits the values and behaviors of the Dynamic Organization, and takes ownership of strengthening our business model. Helps on board new associates, teaches and models the Dynamic Organization. Provides peer feedback, technical and soft skill support and leads in the development of application of training.
- Remains current on industry trends and aspects of the field of finance and accounting that impact our ability to provide needed financial expertise to our business partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related discipline required. CPA or MBA strongly desired.
- Minimum of 7 to 9 years of broad experience in financial analysis/accounting required. Wireless operations experience a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of financial principles, practices & procedures and general accounting practices & principles.
- Demonstrates strong leadership capabilities. Ability to lead cross functional teams while handling multiple projects simultaneously is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Strong project planning and management skills are a must; ability to breakdown complex problems into manageable goals is required.
- Ability to synthesize various, independently generated, data points into a cohesive analysis.
- Strong financial modeling capability required. Significant proficiency with Microsoft Products (Excel, Access) required.
- Knowledge of SAP, Hyperion and Business Objects is a plus.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities in a positive and timely manner.
- Alignment with the organization’s Values & Behaviors.
- Cyclical/occasional/unplanned substantial overtime required.
- Light travel may be required.