Equal Opportunity Employer
Associated Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We support a work environment where colleagues are respected and given the opportunity to perform to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants with a disability who need assistance applying for a position with Associated Bank are asked to email: colleaguecare@AssociatedBank.com or call: (800) 878-3282.
Responsible for underwriting, credit monitoring and portfolio management of Commercial Banking relationships to achieve efficiencies and quality of the process and product, retention and expansion of existing client relationship, growth of total client assets and net growth in relationships. Primary performance responsibilities include analyzing financial data to determine the merits of loan requests (including adherence to loan policy), recommending structure, collecting financial statements, as well as identifying cross selling/referring opportunities of other deposits services. As a Portfolio Manager, this position will maintain and build loans and deposits, fee income and referrals of business.
Responsible for expanding and deepening customer relationships by identifying customers’ needs comprehensively and matching their needs with selections and resources within the colleague’s assigned business line and across all business lines of Associated Bank.
As a valued colleague of Associated Bank you play a critical role in delivering an exceptional customer experience during every interaction. Expectations for this position require the ongoing focus on building solid and long lasting relationships by engaging all customers in a positive manner. Colleagues should provide customers a positive experience that includes undivided attention, straightforward and knowledgeable service and ensure that the customer’s best interests are our number one priority. Consistency around customer experience guidelines is key and expected from all of our colleagues. Our goal is to simplify the customer experience and deliver outstanding service to every customer, every time.
Operates in full compliance with internal policies and procedures as well as applicable regulations and laws, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering requirements. Responsible to report any procedure or process that doesn’t meet regulatory requirements including fraud, whether suspected or confirmed, to management. This reporting can be done directly to any member of management, including Human Resources or Corporate Security, or can be reported through Associated’s anonymous Ethics Hotline.
KEY RESULT AREAS
Fee Income Growth
Negotiation and Influence
Demand Deposit Growth
Commercial Deposit Growth
• Ensure the portfolio administration and risk management of each client relationship is in compliance with established Associated Banc-Corp credit policy, procedure and business strategy as well as commercial and regulatory guidelines.
• As appropriate to experience, co-manage commercial relationships by analyzing financial data to determine the merits of specific loan requests, and recommend structure as well as aggressively managing the client relationship.
• Responsible for credit risk and quality of the portfolio.
• Assist with due diligence/analysis with new client relationships, opportunity memos as appropriate.
• Partner with the Relationship Manager as the point of a contact for the client; acting as a liaison to the Credit Department, the Commercial support staff and other internal business partners.
• May provide advice and counsel to clients regarding trends and conditions of the business environment, capital markets and general banking trends.
• Monitor loan repayment activities and financial condition of borrowing clients and take necessary action to collect past due accounts and ongoing repayment ability of all other accounts. May assume overall responsibility for the credit quality of the loan portfolio.
• May make presentations on specific loans and participate in the bank’s Loan Approval Process, recommending approval and appropriate structure of credits.
• Manage the renewal process by working with the Relationship Manager the client and the credit department.
• May serve as a contact manager for non-borrowing accounts and loan clients for matters relating to other banking services.
• Responsible for identifying cross sales opportunities of all bank products
including Treasury Management, International Banking, Private Banking, Private Client and Institutional Services, Employee Benefit Services, and AFG, Capital markets to our existing client base as well as prospects.
• Participates in community and business functions/groups to ensure a positive image for the bank within the region’s marketplace.
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree Business, Finance or Accounting or other related discipline, or equivalent related experience
Preferred Education: Master's Degree Business, Finance or Accounting or other related discipline or equivalent related experience
Required Experience: 2-4 years Commercial Banking and/or Credit Approval Experience
Preferred Experience: Extensive experience handling complex credits
Preferred Experience: Sales experience
Special Skill Requirements:
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
CFA-Charted Financial Analysis Preferred
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Performs other duties as assigned.